module (made in Linux OS) doesn't start in windows OS

Hello,

I’ve made the Grand Conquest module some weeks ago. I had installed the Vassal software 3.4.6 in a Linux Debian OS and created the Grand Conquest module within this OS. I uploaded the completed module to the Vassal website.
Now I tested the Grand Conquest module in a Windows OS. I installed Vassal 3.4.6 in Windows 10 and 7. If I try to start the Grand Conquest module I get the following error message:

‘Module_en.properties’ not found in C:\Program Files\VASSAL-3.4.6\module\Grand_Conquest_v1_0.vmod

java.io.FileNotFoundException: ‘Module_en.properties’ not found in C:\Program Files\VASSAL-3.4.6\module\Grand_Conquest_v1_0.vmod
at VASSAL.tools.DataArchive.getInputStream(DataArchive.java:226)
at VASSAL.i18n.Translation.getBundle(Translation.java:200)
at VASSAL.i18n.Localization.translate(Localization.java:143)
at VASSAL.launch.Player.launch(Player.java:91)
at VASSAL.launch.Launcher$1.run(Launcher.java:147)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:316)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:770)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:391)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:740)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)

The Vassal modules of other games can be started in my Windows OS.

Does this happen in 3.5.3, which is the current version?

Also, you seem to have put your module in C:\Program Files. That’s not a place for user data. Store user data in your user directory.

I’ve done it, but it wasn’t the solution.

Yes it happens with the current version, too, but without an error message. The module couldn’t be started.

But I found the reason. I created the Grand Conquest module with the language option “German”. But the standard option is “English” after a new installation of the vassal software. When I tried to start the module the English version of the “quick start” menue was missing and the module didn’t start. Now I added the English translation of this “quick start” menue. So it’s possible to start the module with the standard option “English” or the option “German”, too.
I uploaded the changed module file to the vassalengine website. Maybe the changed module file will be publicly available tomorrow.

Thank you for the support and it would be nice if someone could test the changed module file and give me feedback.

supplement

So it isn’t decisive whether one have created a Vassal module in a Linux or Windows OS, but if the module is created with the language option other than English than it will be important to add an English “quick start” translation. Otherwise the module won’t start.