In the module I am working on (Vassal 3.1.20) I have two decks.
Deck 1 represents the player’s deck of cards and has the following properties:
- Contents are Face-down: Always
- Draw new cards face up? : UNticked
Deck 2 represents the player’s discard pile and has the following properties:
- Contents are Face-down: Never
- Draw new cards face up? : ticked
My map window has a mouse-over stack viewer with the following properties:
- Include top piece in Deck? : ticked
I have added a single card to Deck 1 with a mask trait that uses the ‘Use image’ style with the same image specified twice.
My problem: if I drag the card directly from Deck 1 to Deck 2 then hover the mouse over Deck 2, the image that is displayed is that of the Mask, not the basic piece, even though the piece is face up.
I have also observed that:
- if I drag the card to the map window background (where it remains face down), use the mask command to flip it, then drag it to Deck 2 the mouse over stack viewer correctly displays the basic piece image
- similarly, if I Drag and Drop from Deck 1 to Deck 2, from Deck 2 to the map window then back to Deck 2 the mouse over stack viewer again correctly displays the basic piece image
So the problem seems to be dragging and dropping directly from Deck 1 to Deck 2. Is this a bug or is there perhaps some setting I have missed that can modify this behaviour?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions and in case it’s helpful I’ve uploaded a tiny testbed module that demonstrates my problem.