Move fixed distance and joining stack?

I’ve been hunting through the forums and noticed that Move Fixed Distance is a special snowflake. Batched moves and all. Intended (as I understand it), to keep it from joining up with a stack halfway (and not doing the full move), trying to move from there, and so on.

What I’m running into is a bit different. I have QWEASD keys used to move a piece a hex at a time. After each move, the map trigger starts a process that implements terrain effects, auto dice rolls, incrementing move counters, etc. Normally it works great.

However (of course there’s a however)…while it normally works, if the Move Fixed Distance moves the piece to a hex where another piece is sitting, it joins the stack. This in itself isn’t an issue, as it seems that the next key moves it out of the stack and on as normal. What IS a problem is that on the move where it joins the stack, the map trigger does not fire, so the piece moves, stacks, then does nothing. When jumping off the stack to an open place, everything runs as expected. Jump back on the piece…nothing.
Leads to the interesting effect that by leapfrogging two pieces, you can move twice as far (or use the first as a stepping stone over a hex that would normally disable piece movement).

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this? The log reports the standard "piece X moves 1102 → 1103’, but anything else triggered by the ‘apply to pieces ending here’ doesn’t fire. Is this a known bug?

Thus spake dsdhornet:

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this? The log reports the
standard "piece X moves 1102 → 1103’, but anything else triggered by
the ‘apply to pieces ending here’ doesn’t fire. Is this a known bug?

Would you post a minimal test module showing the problem?

J.