Moving pieces "to the same space"

QUICK SUMMARY OF REQUEST: an easy-to-use preference to not log piece moves “to the same space”, so that only legitimate moves get recorded in the log, and adjustments within the same space do not spam up the log reporting.

DETAIL/JUSTIFICATION:
While using card-driven strategy game modules (like Paths of Glory), I frequently have a problem where, either because a click was mistaken for a drag, or because I wanted to clean up the orientation of a piece in a space, I end up cluttering the log file with a whole bunch of non-moves “to the same space” (e.g. “German 10th Army Budapest to Budapest”), sometimes several at once. Similarly, intentional and routine actions like “cleaning up the placement of my huge pile of armies in the eliminated box so I can see them” ends up generating a barrage of log file entries if I do it during my turn.

Since presenting a “clean logfile” to an opponent is very useful in improving understanding of what’s going on in a PBEM game, etc, it would be very nice to have this be a checkbox in the preferences, and/or have it be “very easy to configure at the module level”. Unfortunately, it is presently quite complicated and laborious to set a module so that it only reports “legitimate moves” - involves manual adjustments to every unit prototype, easy to leave something out, etc.

It would be very nice if there were an easy preference to not log “moves to the same space” (or indeed this might be the desirable default behavior, though there are zillions of kinds of games and some might clearly need a different approach).

By “same space” you mean the same logical location, I take it.?

Correct.