Multiple Map Stacking issue

I am trying to create a board with multiple map options with decks created on top of the maps, however when I set it up to have multiple maps the maps are drawn on top of the decks instead of underneath them. It works fine if I only include one, but as soon as I add multiple maps for the user to choose from at game start the map is drawn on top. Any way to fix this or what am I doing wrong?

Are you using your Game piece layers at all?

vassalengine.org/wiki/GamePieceLayers

Yes. I am actually tweaking the Arkham horror mod v 1.52 (just for my own play). The Other Decks, Location and Mythos/Gate has background images that are huge and add to much overhead to the system, so I am trying to make it so you choose to select the Fancy background, or opt for a null background instead. But yah, layers are included in all of the cards.

Nothing comes to mind. Can you post your module so we can take a look at it?

Pieter
-----Original Message-----
[mailto:messages-bounces@vassalengine.org] On Behalf Of aielman
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 10:13 AM
To: messages@vassalengine.org
Subject: [messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Multiple Map Stacking issue

I am trying to create a board with multiple map options with decks
created on top of the maps, however when I set it up to have multiple
maps the maps are drawn on top of the decks instead of underneath them.
It works fine if I only include one, but as soon as I add multiple maps
for the user to choose from at game start the map is drawn on top. Any
way to fix this or what am I doing wrong?

Read this topic online here:
https://forum.vassalengine.org/t/multiple-map-stacking-issue/3634/1

Its the Arkham horror you can grab from the module listing. Just add a blank map to any of the above decks and the problem will be recreated.

The problem is not that the decks are being drawn under your new board at all, it is that the decks belong to the defined board already in the module. Adding more boards to select from is not going to change which board the decks belong to.

You must also edit the decks and in their properties select the “belongs to board” option and change it to any.

NOTE I do not know if that will break anything else though - some things rely on properties such as specific boards etc… and I have no idea if this module has these typew of dependencies

Sweet thanks! I’ll verify any dependencies and see. Thanks for the help!