Need help with Flat Top module

I started gaming at the age of 15 back in 1959 now at 68 I’m learning how to use Vassal. I would like to play a game of Flat Top but the module (FLTv30b01.vmod) needs to be put back in working order. Can anyone help?

Here is the list of things that need fixing to get the module back in working order.

Missing from Allied aircraft list
(B) for Buffalo
(24) for B-24
(V) for Vindicator

Missing from Allied airbase list
(J) for Johnston Is.
(G) for Gili-Gili
(W) for Wake

Allied Air Operations
E.Solomons
The RF number should be “2”
S.Cruz/Guad is correct

Missing from Japanese airbase list
(M) for Marshalls

Allied MLCR and NLCR markers

When the “minimum launch radius” (MLCR) and “normal launch radius” (NLCR) markers are placed on the map. All the aircraft radius’s are turned on for both markers and has the effect of blackening out the map. The radiuses have to be turned off manually one at a time, the Japanese ones work normally.

cheers
Paul

There is this bit of info on the module page that may be worth pursuing:

Send any feedback for enhacements, fixes, suggestions to: Bill Thomson; bill@wargameacademy.org; 817-501-2978

Thanks for the reply Tim. I contacted Bill Thomson back in March and he said he could and would help. Then he went MIA on me and doesn’t respond to my emails.

Paul

I have taken a quick look in the module

Missing from Allied aircraft list
(B) for Buffalo
(24) for B-24
(V) for Vindicator

Missing from Allied airbase list
(J) for Johnston Is.
(G) for Gili-Gili
(W) for Wake

Missing from Japanese airbase list
(M) for Marshalls

These are in the module if you start a clean “New Game” - not the listed scenario defined setups. Looks like the scenario files were not updated to reflect the fix. You can recreate the scenario setups yourself from the “New Game” option and doing a save after setting pieces up and retiring your side

E.Solomons
The RF number should be “2”

This is a map image issue and the map graphic will have to be edited in another program like photoshop and replaced

Not sure why the AOE on allied counters are doing that - they are no different in setup to the Japanese ones…

Hope that helps

Thanks Tim did as you suggested and started a “clean” game. I’m given a choice of maps for a “new game”. I can select East or West but not both. How do I select both East and West for a new game setup?

Paul

Usually the way that works is that you pick one of the maps and then you
have the option of adding another map to that one.
I’ll have to check the Flat Top module itself to be sure, but that is the
usual way that it works in the map picker.

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 5:35 PM, Sydney gamester.mail@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks Tim did as you suggested and started a “clean” game. I’m given a
choice of maps for a “new game”. I can select East or West but both. How
do I select both East and West for a new game setup?
Paul

_____________**
Read this topic online here:
vassalengine.org/**forum/vie … 1#**p35621<Need help with Flat Top module - #5 by Buddy

_____________**
messages mailing list
messages@vassalengine.org
vassalengine.org/**mailman/listinfo/messageshttp://www.vassalengine.org/mailman/listinfo/messages

I have it now. It all has to do with saving to a file and reopening to have a whole map instead of two half’s with a gap in-between. Keep an eye on this space for further help questions in the mean time thanks for the help.

I’ll be back…
Paul :slight_smile:

(It’s a good thing I’m retired I’ll be able fill in my days by fumbling through this.)

OK, I’ve completed a new game setup for Rabaul and Coral Sea. Now can anyone using “user friendly” instructions explain how to fix the problem with the Allied MLCR and NLCR markers

When the “minimum launch radius” (MLCR) and “normal launch radius” (NLCR) markers are placed on the map. All the aircraft radius’s are turned on for both markers and has the effect of blackening out the map. The radiuses have to be turned off manually one at a time, the Japanese ones work normally.

Paul