new to vassal, not to gaming

Brian, your suggestions are excellent. I came to PBEM gaming via Empires in Arms – I am currently in two games that have both been going for over two years (both with a couple player changes, unfortunately).

Naming convention is a must! Do we want a YahooGroup? It can be very helpful to organize things and keep everything straight. I could set one up, if you like.

But, yes, let’s set it up in the next few days, if we can.

Kevin

Sure, that would make things easier. Feel free to set one up!

Who’s all played before? Who’s used Vassal before? Who wants to be what Power? These are all things we should discuss in teh Yahoo group.

I don’t mind being the clean-up guy. I’ll need to brush up a bit on rules though since it has been about 5 months since I thought about this game.

Here is the Yahoo Group:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/hereistand/

Join the group and I will approve. Brian, I will make you a moderator, as well.

I’ve never played before – although I skimmed the rules two years ago. :unamused:

But I have used Vassal pretty extensively, so I am very familiar with that.

How shall we choose powers? Everything I read recently said an experienced player should be the Habsburgs, so I would rather not play them. Other than that, however, I would be open to any power.

Are we doing 1517? or 1532?

• Kevin

I would say that everyone posts their preferences and let’s see if it works out that way. TKaz said he would take Hapsburgs which is best if he has played more than the rest of us. I don’t mind taking England/Protestant if we only have 5 players.

Otherwise my preference order would be England, Ottoman, Papacy, Protestant. I also vote for 1517.

Yes, 1517.

I’ll finish looking at the rules and post my preferences.

How many players do we have? We seem to have 4 here but Sebastian said he had 1 more and there were two people on BGG besides Brian who responded.

I’d like to play Twilight Struggle. Would you like to try ? But keep in mind that I live in Rome, Italy.

Hi everyone.

I originally posted that I’d be interested in playing in this HIS game. But, after reading Brian (ColtsFan)'s post about the time committment, I think I’ll pass on this one. I don’t think I’ll be able to spend as much time making my turn, and not keep everyone else waiting. I also didn’t realize how long an entire game would take over email.

Thanks anyway for the game, and sorry for any inconveniences.
Desiderata