Oh man.

I just loaded my ElfBall module into 3.1.6 for the first time (it worked OK in the old version 3.0.x) but its utterly unplayable as it stands!

The game loads up as normal, but then when I activate a player, i should be able to move a player using the shortcuts w,e,a,d,z,x. This doesnt work. neither will it allow me to select it from the menu. I havent edited the mod

I had set that certain actions be available to a player when they are activated, but i cant access them either

No idea why its not working after it was 100% ok in the last 3.0 :slight_smile:

I downloaded your latest 5.1.2 version of Elfball and ran it on Vassal 3.0.17 and it has exactly the same problem you describe, so it has nothing to do with the Version of Vassal. You have changed something else.

B.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Apologies, I have been away for a long time

OK, thanks for having a look, but this problem still persists for me on 3.1.14 so I will explain in more detail

If you test this file on 3.0.17 (ElfBall 5.1, please do not test 5.1.2 or 5.1.1 as they aren’t used by my group at present as they run too slowly on 3.0.17 )

vassalengine.org/community/i … le_id=3400

I can move the player once activated with Ctrl-A and selected, with the w,e,d,c,x,z,a keyboard short-cuts the player moves, as I would expect

But using 3.1.14 the player does not move, instead w,e,d,c,x,z or a gets typed into the chat box.

Secondly, when I right click on a player in 3.0.17 while activated, I have access to all the challenges in the Declare Challenge sub-menu, however in 3.1.14 I am unable to select most of them, they are greyed out.

The player can pick the ball up in 3.0.17 via the right click menu but this is not possible in 3.1.14. The same goes for scattering the ball from the player or scattering a loose ball

When I open up the dice rolling window (the button is the 3 dice) it rolls the dice when I set a 1-6 dice challenge, however 3.1.14 does not reroll the “star dice” like it does in 3.0.17

In general, it appears that 3.1.14 doesn’t want to use my short-cuts which automate a lot of the play in the mod.

If you are able to help me then I would be most grateful, I honestly have no idea what is wrong

Fix for movement (should also fix most of the other problems from cursory
look):

Change the restrict command trait pme in the Dice Roller prototype from:
$ActivatePlayer_Active$ != true
to
$ActivatePlayer_Active$ = false

Brent, I’ve seen this before - restrict command trait doesn’t seem to like
the != operator, may be bug if it’s suppose to

Have you ascertained that $ActivatePlayer_Active$ does actually contain the value ‘true’?

B.

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 13/03/2010 at 1:11 PM Tim McCarron wrote:

[quote]
Fix for movement (should also fix most of the other problems from cursory
look):

Change the restrict command trait pme in the Dice Roller prototype from:
$ActivatePlayer_Active$ != true
to
$ActivatePlayer_Active$ = false

Brent, I’ve seen this before - restrict command trait doesn’t seem to like
the != operator, may be bug if it’s suppose to

Yes - it is the $Layername_Active$ system property which can only be true or
false.
Name was spelled and capitalized correctly. Changing just operator/resultant
makes it work

Will this be fixed in a future release because i have a few things restricting when I use the likes of !=2 etc

Thanks for looking!

Just tentatively bumping this to see if its on the list of things to be fixed as I would like to start to work on the mod again

Thanks again for providing such a great engine for non programmers like myself to make mods!

Sorry to keep bumping but Im just wondering if this will be fixed? Im not demanding, just wondering!

ElfBall was updated from version1 to Version 2 of the rules and Id like to update the module but there is little point if this bug is preventing the module doing anything!

Thanks

You shouldn’t have to wait - I already gave you the fix- change your property match to the opposite and all will work again.
i.e if you have != false, change to =true

It is a suspected bug- not the same as confirmed, and only seems to happen when used with the restrict command trait