PBEM or live, GBoH, Guns of August, Hannibal, etc!!!

Rike, Red Fox has said his computer broke down and probably can’t play Saturday. I guess we can see what we could play then. Just so you know.

When you decide you are up for any of these four games you mentioned, I would be interested. Prefer to play by email, but on very rare occasions I can also play live (US East coast time zone). I do not usually have the free time consistently to play more than a couple games simultaneously, and there are periods where I might only make one move a week (and others where I can turn them around the same day).

(This is really an open invitation to anyone reading)

These games you mentioned happen to be some of my very favorites:
GMT’s Ancient World vol. I: “Rise of the Roman Republic” by Richard Berg
GMT’s Ancient World vol. II: “Carthage” by Richard Berg
GMT’s Great Battles of History “Great Battles of Alexander” Deluxe edition by Richard Berg & Mark Herman
GMT’s Great Battles of History “SPQR” by Richard Berg & Mark Herman

I would note you will positively require the living rules (system rulebook and scenario book) from the GMT website to be able to play these two Ancient World series games.

I own all these four games, plus all the separately published modules for the two mentioned GBoH games, and the little C3i modules I think I can mostly download if I need to.

I have played RotRR a few times and Carthage once or twice, all over VASSAL PbEM in the past year. I have made it through the big Pyrrhus scenario in RotRR but have not yet attempted the First Punic War scenario in Carthage. Alex and SPQR I have played tons of both but not on VASSAL only FtF, and not recently (we’re talking many years). Plus I forget if I have ever played Alex with the deluxe edition rules (I used to have the original version before I got the Deluxe edition) but I would like to do so in any case.

PM me on the VASSAL site if you are interested sometime, does not have to be now - I have been an enthusiast of the historical period for the past 15-20 years and my interest in playing these is not going to go away while I draw breath!

Same goes for any future modules that come out for these two GBoH games, or any future volumes of Ancient World.

I’ve emailed you a couple times Irish Bouzouki, but you’ve never gotten back to me after our initial failure. =(

If you’re still active, my email is chris.arnold@ttu.edu

I’d still love to play any of these games!

I haven’t played a wargame now in about 2 months and I’d like to get back into the swing of things sometime soon.

So, if anyone likes any of the games I mentioned on the first page of this thread, email me, post here, or send me a pm and we’ll arrange a time!!!

I live in Texas now. So timezone is -6 GMT.

:slight_smile: