Perplexing Problem with Layer Display

I have a piece that will not properly display a graphic level based on a property and I can’t find where the problem is. I’ll break down the traits on the piece and maybe someone can tell me where my logic is failing or if this is supposed to work and isn’t:

(Note: the forum editor has a problem with “greater than” and “less than” symbols so I’m using IGT for Is Greater than and ILT for Is Less Than.)

Button Action fires a CTRL B

Trigger Action uses the CTRL B to fire
CTRL 1 thru CTRL 6

Global Hotkey (CTRL 1) rolls a D4

Dynamic Property creates a value called FirstResult (numeric)
CTRL 2 sets the value directly as $D4_result$

Global Hotkey (CTRL 3) rolls a D4

Trigger Action uses the CTRL 4 to fire
CTRL SHIFT 4 if Property match is
FirstResult != D4_result

Trigger Action uses the CTRL 5 to fire
CTRL SHIFT 5 if Property match is
FirstResult = D4_result && D4_result IGT 2

Trigger Action uses the CTRL 6 to fire
CTRL SHIFT 6 if Property match is
FirstResult = D4_result && D4_result ILT 3

Dynamic Property creates a value called FinalResult (numeric)
CTRL SHIFT 4 sets the value directly as 1
CTRL SHIFT 5 sets the value directly as 2
CTRL SHIFT 6 sets the value directly as 3

Layer - Display Layer
Always active & Layers follow Property value FinalResult
Level 1 = 0

I’ve thrown a Report Action trait in the middle of this as a test to see the actual values being rolled but regardless of what values are rolled, the piece only displays layer 1 when I click the button.

Am I doing something wrong?

The PME’s in the triggers CTRL 4, CTRL 5 & CTRL 6 are the problems

You are trying to evaluate the property “FirstResult” against another property i.e
Property1 = $Property2$

First thing there is no $ signs around the second half of the expression after the operator, your telling the pfirst property that its value to look for is exactly what you typed after the operator i.e D4_result as opposed to $D4_result$ which is the numeric roll value of the property D4_result

Second, this has been brought up before and Brent will have to confirm what’s what, evaluating a property against another property directly is either a new soon to come ability and not possible yet or has been fixed so it can be done this way after build “x” - I don’t remember but there is a thread somewhere about this

Oh, of course. For whatever reason, it didn’t occur to me that FirstResult was a static value (and didn’t need the $'s) and D4_result is dynamic (and would need the $'s). I changed it and it’s working fine now.

Thanx

Careful! :slight_smile:

Its not a case static vs dynamic
A property is comprised of 2 parts: definition and value
When you enclose the property name (definition) with $…$ you are referring to its value

A PME is constructed as such:

Definition (always left side), Operation, Value (always right side) *

*The || (or) and && (and) operators excluded of course