Positioning the "Mark as Moved" graphic?

Hello

I have recently resized all my counters to be 75x75 instead of 50x50. One of the things I need to manually adjust is the position of the “Mark as Moved” graphic (I am using the default vertical “Moved” graphic) relative to my counters.

Instead of a 25 offset I will need 37 OR 38 offset. However, when I went in to the “Mark As Moved” function and changed it, the graphic reposition did not seem to respond. It seems to be in the original position.

Is there something that I have not considered here?
eg. Can you inadvertanly have two “Marked As Moved” functions at work on the one counter definition?
Is it a VASSAL bug?

Cheers

Bullman

Was this on a freshly pulled counter? It will make no difference to existing counters.

B.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

As a matter of fact, they were counters that were already placed on the map when I load the scenario.

Are you suggesting that I will need to freshly redeploy the counters from the palette for the modified “Mark as Moved” offset settings to work?

Correct.

Editing pieces in a GamePiece Palette NEVER effects in any way any pieces already in existence, unless you run through the Saved Game Updating process.

Version 3.2 of Vassal will include a more accessible on-line game updater.

B.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

OK gotcha.

However, I am still having some trouble getting counters deployed to the map that SHOULD display the new “Mark as Moved” settings.

I have tried deleting the original counters then dragging a new one from the palette but most counters, not all, still seem to retain the old “Mark as Moved” settings. Also, even though I have only one definition for “Mark as Moved” in my mod, when I delete/drag new counters on to the map (from a saved setup file), there are 3 differernt locations for where the “Moved” image can appear on the counters (one of which is the correct location as described in the offset settings in “Mark as Moved”). :confused:

I have given the saved game Updater a go but I can’t seem to get it to work properly for some reason so I think I will bypass it.

So I am looking at achieving the same thing by manually editing/playing around with the EXISTING saved game setup file. As this mod really only features one set battle, I just need to get this one file (and all the counters on it) to update.

The main reason why I don’t want to recreate this saved setup file from scratch is that the mod features three other Map Windows (apart from the main game map) that feature hundreds of specially placed counters that have all been manually placed/defined…I want to avoid having to repeat that again.

So what is the exact process by which I can manually update this saved setup file?

Bullman