I created a module using Vassal 3.0 (I think it was 3.0.9) and when I open the module with 3.1 Beta6 it behaves differently.
The module in question is Statis Pro V.1.1 which is posted on Vassal.
There are two differences, both relating to Global Key commands in the “Main Playing Area” map window.
The Global Key commands “Move ball” and “Move chain” correctly move the respective pieces, but the movement is not being reported in 3.1 Beta6.
The Global Key commands “1st Down Home Team” and “1st Down Away team” used to delete the chain gang piece and create another chain gang piece aligned with the ball piece but at the top of the pitch (simulating movement of the chain gang piece). Now the command deletes the chain piece and creates a new chain piece directly on top of the ball piece and stacked with it (this then creates further problems with regard to moving the pieces using global key commands).
I have a suspicion that the problems may have something to do with the zoned grids on the pitch map which were created to facilitate the reporting of movement and are not a problem with the Global Key commands per se.
I can provide more detail if required. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
More likely is that bugs in v3.0 have now been fixed in v3.1. We have fixed over 100 bugs. There was a particularly bad bug in the way Property Expression where handled, where illegal/incorrect PE’s worked in v3.0 when they should not have.
I will try and have a look at your module later today to see if I can find anything.
The Ball movement is reported by the Map movement report. However, you have turned off auto-reporting of movement in Global Options. Thus, there should be no movement reports for ball movement at all in this case. This has been fixed in 3.1. You will need to turn movement auto-reports to Always in the Global Options.
The Chain is now snapping down to the ball. You can fix this by adding the ‘Does Not Stack’ trait to the Chain prototype and click the ‘Ignore grid when moving’ checkbox.
Amazing. Thanks very much. I made the changes and all works OK. I am getting some reports I dont want now, but I will look into that and sort it.
I am impressed with how you were able to find the problem so quickly in the module. When I look at it I cannot remember what all the prototypes were supposed to be doing and I put them there in the first place.