Possible Bug - Mat Cargo & Move fixed distance Trait

Sure! Glad to help.

Regards;
Darren

Ok, Found 2 things of interest about sleep

1. It is implemented, but the usage is Sleep(ms) where ms is the number of milliseconds to sleep. So Sleep(500) will sleep for 1/2 a second.

2. At the moment, whatever ms you put in, the sleep is hard-coded to 2 seconds. I’ll get that fixed for 3.7.8

2 Likes

If you need some testing done I can do it but weekends are the best. Weekdays are not my best time. I think this will be a very useful feature once it is working properly.

Darren

There is also a build up to fix the original Moved Fixed Distance and Cargo problem. All separate at this stage. They will be merged into a combined master 3.7.8 build when testing is complete.

https://vassalengine.org/builds

The sleep fix is build VASSAL-3.7.8-SNAPSHOT-16636f1-13081-Sleep
The Cargo/Move Fixed Distance build is VASSAL-3.7.8-SNAPSHOT-2a59b36-13072-Mat-MFD

Cheers,
Brent.

2 Likes

Hello Brent I tested the 2 file for the sleep timer and the MFD bug today. Both seemed to work well.

1. Sleep timer;
    VASSAL-3.7.8-SNAPSHOT-16636f1-13081-Sleep-windows-x86_64.exe

Tried this at various Speeds between 3000 and 0 ms. Unlike the timer in 3.7.7 all the different setting worked. Only problem was some screen flicker at the slower speeds but I suppose that is because the timer is working. When set to (0) there was no flicker and obviously no pause.

1. Move fixed Distance
    VASSAL-3.7.8-SNAPSHOT-2a59b36-13072-Mat-MFD-windows-x86_64.exe
    No issues I can see here either. The Piece retained it’s Cargo when moving in Left/Right and Up/Down

Regards;
Darren