Possible zoom undocumented feature aka bug

I found a way to fix the offset, but it results in a blank row of pixels between some boards. I’m not sure if that’s an acceptable solution.

Make it a user-selectable option? Either precise piece placement with occasional blank lines between boards, or no blank lines but imprecise piece placement.

1 Like

If you want to try a build to see what this is like, look in our builds archive for VASSAL-3.7.0-SNAPSHOT-fbb6cd3-board_rounding:

https://vassalengine.org/builds/

Joel, Right the first time. Should have stuck to your guns with this one. That gap is annoying. Very annoying.

If the original proponent of the ‘issue’ swapped that text box from above the piece/counter to the bottom would the visual ‘discrepancy’ be as ‘bad’?

Joel, and all the other programmers involved with Vassal are to be well and truly lauded. They do a great job trying to cope with us RSoles. Me in particular.

Joel tried to deflect the ‘solution’ from what was introduced, but did anyone actually listen to him?

While I have full confidence that you guys can indeed fix almost any bugs/issues that arise with Vassal, you also need to do what Joel did. That is ask, ‘yes I can fix it, but at what ‘cost’ to all the other Vassal modules out there?’

I hope that beta 5 fixes the now bigger visual problem of the blank pixel row between boards. Not the small issue of counters/pieces been offset from center at very low zoom levels.

I have no intention of including a fix in 3.7.0-beta5. I’m busy with other things now.

1 Like

Why do you want to know that? I’m not sure what use that would be.