Problem with border on game pieces

Hi, I would like to draw a gamepiece of a cyclist with a transparent background. I made the GIF an that’s OK.

Now I defined a Game Piece Layout and used the GIF with no border…

But when I use the piece I see a boderline…

Perhaps it had to do something with the Game Piece Image (specifiying the background color as CLEAR… but I don’t know how that works…

I looked up an example module and I don’t see where I can list thes Game Piece Images… I see only the Game Piece Layouts…

greetz,

Ludo

You know that you can use the GIF for the gamepiece directly, without using a Game Piece Layout, right? The Game Piece Layout can add a border in addition to defining a background color, so be sure that you haven’t set a border in the layout. Otherwise, you should only see the usual borders for selecting and moving a piece. A screen shot would probably make it pretty clear what’s going on.

rk

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

No, I didn’t know that I could use the GIF directly.

How do I do this?

When I creating a new gamepiece I can link in the Basic Properties Window the name of the GIF file to one out of a pick-list of GIF’s. But the only way I found to get the GIF in that list is to define a Game Piece Layout, so how can I get my GIF directly in that list whitout the layout definition?

greetz,

Ludo

Thus spake “Ludonws”:

Double click on the image display area above the drop-down list. That
will give you a file chooser where you can select your image.

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

thanks a lot :wink:

it works fine…

greetz,

Ludo