Recommended position for Attachment Trait and Set Piece Property Trait in list of Traits?

Howdy,

Is there a recommended position for an Attachment trait in a piece’s, or prototype’s list of traits?

I was guessing that maybe below the Markers or Dynamic Properties would be good, but I didn’t see a recommendation in the Advanced Trait Ordering section or the Attachment page in the Reference Manual.

Also, is there a recommended position for a Set Piece Property in a piece’s, or prototype’s list of traits?

I was guessing that maybe with the Set Global Property or Dynamic Property would be good, but I didn’t see a recommendation in the Advanced Trait Ordering section or the Attachment page in the Reference Manual.

Thanks.

I would put attachments towards the bottom of the list, as they are constantly being searched for within pieces when attachment type activities are performed, and searching for specific traits happens from the bottom up.

The Set Piece Property trait I would put towards the top as they don;t get searched for, so you want to keep them out of the way of the traits that do get searched for.

1 Like