remebering stats between logins?

Hello,

I am making a module. It is a mech arena game where each player controls 1 - 6 mechs. outside of the module players will be able to buy new parts for their mechs that increase stats.

I was wondering if it is possible for vassal to know what a player has when they log in to a game or will the player have to enter the stats manually?

Thank you.

also if anyone is interested in joining in, the development is still in the early stages.

Games are synchronized to the host player so that all player’s gamestate is exactly the same. So you would not be able to come into a game with an updated set of stats created outside of the module.

What I would suggest is creating a store within the module where players can shop, trade, etc. Any items purchased will update the player’s stats automatically, if it’s set up that way. Or, as you suggested, update the stats manually before game play.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 1:12 AM, havoc1605 nicholasg55@yahoo.com wrote:

I was wondering if it is possible for vassal to know what a player has
when they log in to a game or will the player have to enter the stats
manually?

I would expect that in general they would have to enter the stats manually.

But you could take a look at what is done to allow players to load decks of
cards into modules, since something similar may work for what you want to
do. The card loading was done to support those card games like Magic and
others where players build a deck off-line and then load it into a game to
play.

Thank you very much for your replies.
the idea about an in game store sounds very interesting. so does the custom deck idea. I will have to look into both and see which one works better.

again, thank you for your help.