Restrict Commands

Hi, after one year plus I am back working on my module and I have a few problems with the Restrict Commands trait. I am using version 3.0.17.

1. It seems to me that the “disable” restriction is buggy: after disabling a command it is not enabled again when restrict conditions are not matched anymore (e.g. CurrentMap, CurrentZone);

2. “hide” works instead, in that respect, but I can’t get it to parse things like $playerSide$, $PlayerSide$, $BasicName$ or, say, $TS$, where TS is a global property I set up at module level, in the restrict conditions.

Example of working restrict condition: CurrentMap != Allies
Example of not working restrict condition: CurrentMap != $playerSide$
(where player sides are Axis and Allies, say).

Example 2 working: CurrentBoard = Infantry Free Area
Example 2 not working: CurrentBoard = $BasicName$ Free Area
(where I have pieces like Infantry and Navy, say).

I should probably add that this restrict command is defined for a piece prototype. This might explain why the $TS$ thing is not parsed, since I change TS in the prototype itself with a set global property command (and I have read this is a bug in 3.0.17). However, why won’t $playerSide$, $BasicName$ etc work?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Stefano

Hi Stefano,

These two bugs have already been identified and fixed in the upcoming Version 3.1 beta release.

Regards,
Brent.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

I have just noticed dynamic piece properties don’t seem to be parsed either (I am sure they were back 1 year ago).

Is it possible to download/use the latest development version of Vassal without being part of the VASSAL development team?