RPG Mapper confusion...

Hello,

I must not be doing something right, or this doesn’t work the way I expected it too… Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here’s what I did:

1. Loaded RPG Mapper
  2. Created a map, with most of the map invisible, for until the players actually got to that part to see it.
  3. Saved the game
  4. Closed the game
  5. At a later time I started back up RPG Mapper, connected to the server and created a new room.
  6. A friend started RPG Mapper and joined that same room.
  7. I then loaded the game I saved before.

I expected to be able to see the whole map myself, but my friend to only be able to see what was initially visible… but my friend was able to see everything, and able to toggle the visible flag, delete walls, etc.

The help in the game for RPG Mapper says to do exactly that, make things invisible in order to hide things from the others until it’s time for them to see… So I’m kind of confused… can’t find a how-to for this and google/search failed me.

Thanks!

Haha. Nevermind. Problem was too silly to admit what we did wrong.

Thus spake “thepet”:

Did you resign from the side you joined before saving and closing?

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

It was more embarrassing than that.

I some how got the idea that the user/pass you use to connect is the user/pass of the game. So that when others join they use that same user/pass.

So we were both logging in as the Player 1. ;)

I can get version 1.51 to work but getting the 2.23 extension to work is beyond me. Any body help please?

On Mar 11, 2009, at 1:08 PM, Hawkwind wrote:

What are you doing and what is happening or not happening?
What OS are you using?
What version of Vassal?
What version of Java?
Is there anything in the Vassal log?

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

I am using the latest version of both java and vassal . I am using xp on my desktop and vista on my laptop. I can get the dnd minis mod to work with the extra maps extension but not with the rpg extension. I suspect that rpg extension only works with an older version of the minis mod. Is there and archive of old versions of mods on the site ?