Seeking AH Wooden Ships & Iron Men Opponent!

Gents: 8)

Who is ready to sail the high seas in the great square sail ships-of-the-line and frigates and do battle for honor and country? :wink:

I am seeking an opponent for Avalon Hill’s “Wooden Ships & Iron Men” board game. Countries: Britain, France, Spain, or the United States.

I am using the WS&IM Tournament Edition Rules 1.2b and Vassal Module 1.0. Both rules and module may be download here:

vassalengine.org/wiki/Module … 6_Iron_Men

Proposal: Players have 63 points to purchase their fleets. Optional rules negotiable.

Interested? Please send me an email at mikewest455 (at) gmail (dot) com

Have not played this one for years but one of my favorites from naval age. Am happy to have a go. Will have a scan over rules and get back to you.

Greig
ggoodfellow@telus.net

I might also be interested in playing this for the first time in over 3 decades…

Where does one get the tournament rules of which you speak. I’m sure I’m a little rusty… :slight_smile:

Excellent! A three player game, with each player commanding one of the following fleets, Britain, France, Spain, or the United States, should be a lot of fun! :smiley:

Both the WS&IM Tournament Edition Rules 1.2b and Vassal Module 1.0 may be downloaded here:

vassalengine.org/wiki/Module … 6_Iron_Men

Note, in addition to the tourney rules, please be sure to print out the Advanced Game Charts, Tables, Sequence of Play, Ship Specification Sheets, etc. All of the rules and errata are zipped together under this file name: WSMv12.zip

The Vassal Module file name: WSIM.zip

We’ll need to come up with a “gentleman’s rule” to handle the simultaneous movement phase.

Please read through the tourney rules and than contact me so we can get started! Let’s target to get started by the weekend (Nov 15 & 16).

mikewest455 (at) gmail (dot) com

I’ve attached the Ship Specifications Sheets (Britain, France, Spain, and United States) and Ship Log sheet for your reference! :slight_smile:

I tried to upload the v1.2b rules, but the file was too big for the Forum attachments. :cry:

While I am in an “uploading mode”, I’ve also attached the Advanced Game Charts & Tables for your reference! :wink:

Game slots filled for WS&IM! :slight_smile:

Koolkat is really not very motivated to get this underway, is he…? :slight_smile:

I’ll have a look at this stuff and try to clear away years of cobwebs…

Are you planning to meet on the VASSAL server (with Skype or similar for real-time voice comms)… or will this be a PBEM affair.

I might like to sit in and watch if the former is the case…

:slight_smile:
allendkrsn@yahoo.com