Send to location - Problem with 1 map 2 hex grids

I am attempting to implement function where I can send a unit back to its original game start position for an existing module, End of Empire. The physical game has two maps (north and south) and use the same hex numbers (starting with 1001 on both maps). The module represents this as a single game map with one board (north and south maps combined in a single graphic) and there are two hex grids (one for north, one for south). Physical playing pieces and printed scenario notes refer to units on the southern map as S1001, and on the northern map as simply 1001).

Questions:

1. Does the Send to Location function observe the format of the hex grid (e.g. $gridLocation$)?
  2. Does the Send to Location function observe boards with more than one hex grid?

I suspect I may have to use only one hex grid but not sure how to keep the hex numbers on the north map in parallel with the physical map and hex numbers printed on the counters.

Any help and ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
Tom

You could could try 2 prototypes, one for pieces with original start positions on the North board and one for pieces with original start positions on the South board. Give every piece a Marker trait (e.g. StartHex) with its 4-digit starting hex.

The Send to Location in the prototype for the North board starting units goes:

Destination: Grid location on selected map
Map: your map name here
Board: name of North board here
Grid Location: $StartHex$

The Send to Location in the prototype for the South board starting units goes:

Destination: Grid location on selected map
Map: your map name here
Board: name of South board here
Grid Location: S$StartHex$

I tried bolding, but note that is an “S” prepended to the $StartHex$ reference.

There’s only one board, but it has two hex grids, otherwise I see how this could be helpful.
I suspect that there is a problem in that only one grid per board can be recognized because the popup doesn’t allow you to specify a grid (only a map and a board).
Most of the units set up on the northern board, so I may end up switching the order of the grids and using x/y just for the southern units, or possibly delete one of the grids and go with the faulty hex numbers (probably including a reference to the Vassal hex number in the unit name as a reminder).