Send to Location Question

When using Send to Location to send to another counter on the board, is there a way to force the stacking? Specifically, I would like to force the SENT piece UNDER the destination counter. Is there any way I can achieve this?

Somewhat related subject:

Is there a way in general that stacking can be manipulated? Supposing I have a stack of several units and I want to move one of them (discretionary or random choice) to the top of the stack. Is there a way to do this by a keyboard command?

Pieces stack upon each other according to the order you set in Game Piece Layers.
What you can do is give the piece you are sending a dynamic property to represent the layer it resides on.
When you execute the Send to Location trait also give the dynamic property the same key command to change the piece’s layer to one that will cause it to place it below the piece’s layer it is being sent to

— On Mon, 9/22/08, miyazakigrognard messages@forums.vassalengine.org wrote:

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

To keep it in the same stack, you will need to give the piece 2 commands in sequence using a Trigger Action. The first command is the Send To Location Key to send the piece to the top of the stack at the location. The second command should be either a left arrow (to move the counter down 1 position in the stack) or a down arrow (to move the piece to the bottom of the stack).

The arrow keys move pieces about in Stacks manually, and work the same as command keys.

B.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

No, you have misunderstood how it works. The reference manual is pretty clear on this (Click Help in the Game Piece Layer component).

In the GamePieceLayers element, you specify a property name, say ‘LayerProp’ and a set of values (e.g. A, B, C, D).

Each of your pieces must then have a marker ‘LayerProp’ defined and have one of the values A, B, C or D. This will control the layer order. =

Any piece that dones not have LayerProp defined, or has it defined but not to one of the specified values (A, B, C or D), then it will appear in a catch-all layer that floats over the top of all other layers.

B.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Yeah, I realised my mistake almost the moment I posted, and tried to delete before I wasted anyone’s time on it. Sorry about that one. The two layers which were working correctly were done yesterday. In the meantime I forgot the proper form - thinking at cross purposes the most likely culprit.

I have too many things on my mind which I would like to accomplish with the module at hand. I got lazy and didn’t flowchart it all from the beginning, which would have helped me focus my efforts.

Cheers!

This almost works. The second key command is not visually actuated until the next mouse-click occurs. Is there a way to simulate that event, too?