Silent War question

I’m unsure about the functionality of the War Cup portion. I understand moving the pieces onto the combat display and I understand the right click to move them back into the cup, but my question is, when I move the pieces back to the cup, does it randomize the pieces in that cup again? Or just place them on top of the stack? Also, what does the prepare to reseed button do, really? When I click it, I always seem to be left with the same 2 or 3 pieces. This is a great module, whoever built it. I’m just trying to understand what is going on in the background. Thanks.

On Apr 8, 2011, at 9:33 AM, straygrunt wrote:

I’m unsure about the functionality of the War Cup portion. I understand
moving the pieces onto the combat display and I understand the right
click to move them back into the cup, but my question is, when I move
the pieces back to the cup, does it randomize the pieces in that cup
again? Or just place them on top of the stack?

When items are put back in the cups they are randomized. The cups are setup to always give you a random selection.

Also, what does the
prepare to reseed button do, really? When I click it, I always seem to
be left with the same 2 or 3 pieces.

The prepare for reseed button is used to set up stacks of counters for reseeding the drawing cups. You would want to do this every once in a while so that you don’t learn too much about which particular ships are in each cup.

What it does is place the counters that belong in each cup into that cup. It also sets up (randomized) decks of counters in different categories that go into the individual cups. The numbers under each stack tells you how many you need to draw and place in each cup. You can use the right-click menu to draw multiple counters at once. That helps a lot when you have more than just a few counters that you need to drag. This is one of my favorite parts of the module. It makes it so much more convenient to play than on the table.

*** You need to read the in-game help which explains how to use the various features of the module ***
You will find this in the Help menu under Silent War Module Help

This is a great module, whoever
built it.

I was built by Jim Miller.

Tar,

Above you said:

[b]> This is a great module, whoever

built it.

I was built by Jim Miller.[/b]

Now I’m worried. :smiley:

Jim