Special Grid Numbering Not Working with 3.6.7 (Solved!)

Yes, I am working on that, in between dealing with life and trying to answer rude users who know nothing about software development who seem to think that insulting developers is the way to get someone to listen to them.

1 Like

Misinterpretation on your part there Brent. I know quite a lot about software development, as theory. I also did NOT insult you guys. If you feel insulted that would be your interpretation.

Thanks for input, added to the queue for later processing.

1 Like

Hi @palad0n,

I would appreciate it if you could try out the new ZeroStringsNew build (from Builds of vassalengine/vassal).

This essentially reverts the Leading zero behaviour back to 3.6.5, any module that needs that behaviour needs to ‘opt-in’ via a Global Option.

What I hope to see is that the previous version of your module that broke now works in this version. And your current post-fix version should also still work as the changes you made will just be converting numbers to Integers that are already integers.

Thanks,
Brent.

Thank you Brent. AS you rightly point out, I’ve moved on from using decimals, although I would not be surprised to find some still within the modules, but as they are probably not less than 1, no other issues have arisen. I’ll try the older version though and see what happens.

Done. No infinite loop issues. Cool.

Excellent, thank you. I’ll update the Global Option documentation and add some notes in the Hex Numbering doco as well.

1 Like