SVN 4166

Something weird in this build, Im getting no bug dialog, but I am seeing lots of
“Bad data found in module or saved game: xxxxx” in chat window constantly.
sometimes the xxxx part is a GP, sometimes it says “null” or “0” but either way its not actually breaking anything as everything still works properly

Attached a pic
Module is fine in SVN 4086 and Beta3. Also saw it in Storm over Arnhem module earlier today online

Checked the error log but its empty - nothing there but the usual header info for modules being opened

Thus spake “Tim M”:

I agree that it’s weird. That’s how Rodney changed reporting of bad
module data to be. I think it should be reported differently.

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

These message are swallowed silently in v3.0. They could refer to images not found or properties that aren’t defined. People have said that the messages are useful for cleaning up modules, so we’re trying to find a happy medium between dropping them and putting up a modal dialog for every one. In the current version, if you’re editing the module, you get a dialog and more information in the errorLog.

rk

Where is the errorLog located? I couldn’t find it. I am battling with one of these messages, and I would like to debug it. It is probably due to one of my custom traits, but I do not know how to have more informative messages appear.

Thus spake “jcdubacq”:

You’ll find it at ~/VASSAL/errorLog, where ‘~’ is shorthand for your
home directory.

I’m writing an errorLog viewer right now, so in beta4 the errorLog will
be accessible from a menu.

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org