Apologies if I have to ask this again but I am experiencing disastrous failures synchronizing an online game with the module I am developing.
Please can any Vassal developer explain what I am doing wrong or what could be the problem I fail syncrhonizing?
Ideally spend 5 minutes with me online at their most convenient time?
This is the procedure I am using:
- Start the game offline on both computers and set Preferences->Server->Peer-to-peer (but same problems with Vassal server)
- Start the game again online on both computers, computer A then invites computer B
- Create a room called “beta”, A and B both join that room
- Computer A starts the game and does nothing (he will have to choose a side among four, let’s say he picks RED)
- Computer B synchronizes with A and after a while receives the data but
…a) he is not asked to pick a side, so he ends up entering as side RED (same playerSide, different playerName)
…a) image not correct, some pieces showing which should be hidden underneath, some pieces not showing
- the game is screwed and nothing works from there
PLEASE, I beg for help! I am getting desperate. The module works fine offline in hot-seat mode (=Retire functionality).