The Evil side of text labels

i am editing a mod, and i am tring to make a editable Data card for counters. would look great if the text didn’t show at all times (I.E. when the data card isn’t active).

this is what i have:
i have a counter that i want to flip to show a data card. as i am using property’s to fill out the numbers, i am using text labels to show the prpertys. looks good except when i flip back to the counter (which is smaller than the Data sheet.) the text is all over the counter and surrounding area.

anyone have a solution? am tring to stay away from making a card for every counter as that would not allow editing. so am looking to see if there is a layer puzzle that might fix it. for instance, make the data card the base counter and the counter the flipside. but i think that won’t change the visibility of the text. but the data card looks nice and is editable…

It sounds like your flip side is a different size? Your text labels can’t change size dynamically. It sounds like you should be using a Replace With Counter trait instead.

• M.

On 2011-03-07, at 12:18 AM, jungleboie jungleboie@yahoo.com wrote:

i am editing a mod, and i am tring to make a editable Data card for
counters. would look great if the text didn’t show at all times (I.E.
when the data card isn’t active).
this is what i have:
i have a counter that i want to flip to show a data card. as i am using
property’s to fill out the numbers, i am using text labels to show the
prpertys. looks good except when i flip back to the counter (which is
smaller than the Data sheet.) the text is all over the counter and
surrounding area.

anyone have a solution? am tring to stay away from making a card for
every counter as that would not allow editing. so am looking to see if
there is a layer puzzle that might fix it. for instance, make the data
card the base counter and the counter the flipside. but i think that
won’t change the visibility of the text. but the data card looks nice
and is editable…

Read this topic online here:
The Evil side of text labels

messages mailing list
messages@vassalengine.org
vassalengine.org/mailman/listinfo/messages

But then you need to make every variable as a global property otherwise they will get unsyncronized as they change on their own game piece only. I had the same problem and now I have over 200 global properties and I had to edit most skills of the pieces one by one. Text editor can help (I use jEdit, it can select and copypaste rectangulars in a text file and has nice replace featue).