Trigger Bug in v3.3.1-xxx variants ?

I have noticed a serious (if so) bug between v3.3.1 and subsequent development versions (possibly also a variant of v3.3.0 that was not included in the v3.3.1 release). The bug, if such it is, seems to relate to a trigger.

Platform: MacOS v10.15.5, MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016)
Vassal: v3.3.1 (works)
Vassal: v3.3.1-152 (fails)
Module: C&C Nap v3_43r02T (not released, see files section below)

Expected behaviour:
A module attempts to trigger a set of keyboard commands that move a card from a hand window to a Zone in a map window, setting a number of global and dynamic properties in the process. The trigger is initiated from one action linked to a multi-action button.

Error symptoms:
When executed directly under Vassal v3.3.1-152 (as opposed to replayed in a log file), the module behaves as if the trigger did not fire. Yet the status of related properties is correct for the trigger, as demonstrated by re-attempting the action under v3.3.1 with no other changes. The fact that the re-attempt works under v3.3.1 is evidence that the trigger did indeed not fire under v3.3.1-152.

The equivalent function in the current release of C&C Napoleonics (v3.42) does work in both Vassal versions. C&CN v3.42 has the same button/trigger but without conditions controlling the trigger and with only one keyboard command executed by the trigger.

Files:
Evidence can be found on this dropbox folder. Explained further below. dropbox.com/sh/wso0aqo93yuo … KuEGa?dl=0

C&C Nap v3_43r02T.vmod: Experimental/development version of the C&C Napoleonics module.

rolica test.vlog: Starting demo log. This was created under Vassal v3.3.1 and re-plays as expected under both Vassal versions.

rolica test2.vlog: 2nd demo log. This was created under Vassal v3.3.1-152 as a continuation of the above. It fails as commented in the log file.

rolica test3.vlog: 3rd demo log file. This was created under Vassal v3.3.1 as a continuation of test2. It succeeds in completing the action that failed under v3.3.1-152 (pressing the appropriate Multi-Action button in the “Allies” hand window).

rolica test-redo under -152.vlog: Same as rolica test.vlog but created under Vassal v3.3.1-152. Action button in allies hand window fails to trigger the card discard. Replay under v3.3.0 shows the same failure.

This bug/discrepancy still manifests in the latest devs builds, up to v3.3.1-196, so I am worried that it might get through to the next prod release.

I think I first noticed it in v3.3.1-71.

The prod release, v3.3.1, runs fine as does v3.3.0 and v.3.2.17.

Mark

Have you tried “git bisect” to identify precisely where it occurs?

Also probably worth filing that in the bug tracker? 'Cause it’s a good thorough bug writeup.

Did this make it into the bug tracker?

I will log it now.

Done… vassalengine.org/tracker/sho … i?id=13154

Does this still happen in VASSAL-3.3.3-SNAPSHOT-2d301d84?

vassalengine.org/~uckelman/tmp/

I can’t reproduce the bug in v3.3.3-beta1.