Trigger Condition Question

Hi to all.

In order to avoid introducing a too complex expression in a trigger condition, I tried to save the variuos conditions on markers, like Cond1, Value : , Cond2, Value : , …, CondN : and then set as condition in the trigger :
$Cond1 $|| $Cond2$ || … || $CondN$. It works!
Unfortunately, I also have to run a trigger when this condition is false.
I tried different syntax forms, but none works.
What, if any, is the correct syntax to use to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your support on that matter.
:question:
Panther 2010

Hi … Multiple options can be used. Let me show you some :
1- Create all the possible triggers you want and disable some, based on conditions :

• Restriction: Disable (or Hide, if you prefer)
  • Restrict when properties match : {GO1Level<(3-GetProperty($PlayerSide$+"_RequirementModifierGP"))}
    This quite complex formula prevents a card to be played if we have not reached the Global Counter GO1Level level 3 yet. But the player may have an individual GP modifying these prerequisites … I have 5 colors, so 5 GP : Blue_RequirementModifierGP, Black_RequirementModifierGP, …Red_RequirementModifierGP
  • Restrict these commands : place as many as you want here

2- Define matching properties in the trigger trait

• Trigger when properties match: globalTMUpdate!=0
    or
  • Trigger when properties match: {$PlayerSide$==“Green”}

3- Define multiple commands, but ensure they only apply to a player:
Keyboard Command: ScorePlusOne
Global Key Command: PlusOneRed

• Matching Properties {PlayerSide==“Red”}
    The point here is that a button may be pushed by any player, but this would only increase the score of the current player color.

4- to answer your question, the restriction can be based on multiple-choice:
Restriction: Disable
Restrict when properties match: {Generation> “1”||map =~ “cards”||map =~ “hand”||map =~ “research”}
That trait will prevent the card to be moved (the Key Command was to mix 2 decks) :

• After Generation 1
  • During Generation 1, if the card is in a map named “blablabla_cards”, or “blabla_hand”, or “research_blabla”
    There are 4 maps per player, and all the maps are named by the player color and either map, or hand, cards, or research.

Can you find happiness in these options ?

Hello kerkael,

thank you for your reply.

Let me explain a bit better what I’m doing and what is the problem.

I made a protype, called CRT (Combat Result Table) to simulate the CRT of a game. Unfortunately, a very big amount of trigger conditions is necessary to do this.

I tried to drastically reduce the number of triggers saving each single condition on a marker like this :

Name : Cond1 Value : RANGE=~1|2 && ASP=~1|2 && CH=~1|2,

where RANGE is the distance between units (Row) , ASP is the Odd (Column) and CH is the die roll.

I tried to use the following condition in the trigger : Cond1 || Cond2|| … ||CondN, but this doesn’t work.

I used these syntax expressions to test a single condidion : if(GetProperty(Cond1), “true”,“false”)) and if(GetProperty(“Cond1”), “true”,“false”)), but I always obtain a “false” response.

The if(GetProperty(Property, Value1, value2) works well with numbers, strings and even booleans, but doesn’t work with a condition like Cond1.

If someone of the “Vassal Gods” knows the correct answer of this question, please, help me.

Thanks in advance.

Panther 2010 :question:

Ah, I see? You want the marker to contain a string to be evaluated as a condition.
Did you try with a calculated property instead?

Also if you want to evaluate the content of a trait, you should encapsulate it between $ $, as this example from the design guide :
CurrentTurn = $2d6_result$

It may also be possible your trait needs to be called from the trigger condition, AND evaluated, so $$Cond1$$ should work … maybe ?

Hi kerkael

Well, finally I managed to resolve this damned problem.

This syntax is working well : $CondA$ || $CondB$ || … $CondN$ and returns a true result when at least one of the conditions are true.

My problem was to find a syntax to fire a trigger when the condition is false.
I was able to resolve it using the ! Java unary operator as follows :

This sintax is correctly returning a false value : $!CondA$ && $!CondB$ && … $!CondN$.

Now it is possible to simulate a CRT (or any other kind of table) with a reasonable amount of triggers!

Be well!

Panther 2010 :smiley: