TS - Bear Trap event won´t trigger

I´m playing a PBEM game using Vassal. I´m the US and played Bear Trap for the event. But nothing happens when my opponent does his turn. I thought Bear Trap would be automated. How does it work?

//David

I believe you contacted me privately, but just to be sure, I’ll respond to
this as well.

The VASSAL TS module does not support PBeM. There are ways to work around
this and many people do it, but you can’t expect anything to be automated
unless two live players are connected simultaneously for live play.

If you want to play PBeM, you can just do so without expecting automation.
You can roll either of the dice in the toolbar.

• M.

On 13 January 2012 16:51, RadiusPunched david.ekberg@gmail.com wrote:

I´m playing a PBEM game using Vassal. I´m the US and played Bear Trap
for the event. But nothing happens when my opponent does his turn. I
thought Bear Trap would be automated. How does it work?

//David

_____________**
Read this topic online here:
vassalengine.org/**forum/vie … 7#**p29467<TS - Bear Trap event won´t trigger
_____________**
messages mailing list
messages@vassalengine.org
vassalengine.org/**mailman/listinfo/messageshttp://www.vassalengine.org/mailman/listinfo/messages

Hi! Thanks for the answer. I haven´t contacted you, must be someone else :slight_smile:

We did work around it manually. My opponent just played a card for the discard, rolled a dice and did not use the Ops. Otherwise the module would not let us advance the turn as my opponent had “not played a card”.

Strange thing is, later on (a couple of action rounds) the event, Bear Trap, started to automate… My opponent could get around this by pressing ESC.

Now we have another similar issue that is harder to bypass in this manner. I hope you can help us with it! I played Missile Envy in my action round. Now nothing happens. I ended the log file and sent it over to my opponent. He can´t give me a card manually and the event is not automated, even if he includes my log file into his own.

//David

Saw your other reply at BGG regarding Missile Envy. Will try that.