Twilight Struggle - Online/LAN play not working

Hi there,

I’m having an issue with playing TS. I add that I’m playing via LAN cause it might be part of the issue. I don’t know. When I try to play a game (both pc’s on 3.2.8 - windows 7) I can create the game just fine and my opponent can synchronize with me just fine as well. My opponent always starts out as the same side I am on. So if I am american, my opponent wil also start as American, he’ll have to manually choose to switch sides - I do not know if this is a feature or bug. Anyway, after he switches sides, We both can deal cards to ourselves, pick a headline card and play it. However after EVERY action (choose headline card, play headline event) both me and my opp. MUST click ‘switch sides’ again and choose his side again in order to take another action. So for instance it will go like this:

We both have our cards dealt, both are on our respective sides:

American: chooses headline card
Soviet: Choose to retire and rechose soviet
Soviet: pick headline card
American: retire and rechose American
American: flip card

etc etc. The order might not be perfect, but you get the gist. Every move we want to play we need to retire and rechose a side. Any ideas?

Btw I checked and I am on the VASSAL legacy server (as far as i know it was default like this)

P.S. Furthermore, when playing this game in vassal 3.2.x US/JAPAN Mutual Defence Act turns up blank. This is the only card that does turns up blank. When Playing in 3.1.x this issue is not persistent, though when starting a game I get this error:

• Loading StandardVariantWithOptionalCards.vsav …
  • Bad Data in Module: Our Man in Tehran* [Layer - War] - Numeric field contains a non-number followProperty[War]=
  • Bad Data in Module: Our Man in Tehran* [Layer - Ops] - Numeric field contains a non-number followProperty[Ops]=

I’m having a similar problem but with Merchant of Venus. As a matter of fact I also downloaded Monopoly just to see if it was a Module issue… it happens in Monopoly too. So … it’s either a Vassal issue or a user issue. Glad I have company!

My thread is here:
[url]https://forum.vassalengine.org/t/how-to-run-a-multiplayer-lan-game/6482/1]

Thus spake jamida:

I’m having a similar problem but with __Merchant of Venu__s. As a matter
of fact I also downloaded Monopoly just to see if it was a Module
issue… it happens in Monopoly too. So … it’s either a Vassal issue
or a user issue. Glad I have company!

My thread is here:
How to run a Multiplayer LAN game?

You might be having a password problem. Each player MUST have a distinct
password.

J.