Unable to successfully test connection to own Jabber server

Hi!

I know there is a bug that prevents actual connections to own jabber servers (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6045#p39546), but I have another problem. These two problems might also be related.

When adding a new jabber server, there is a “Test connection” button. Testing connection does not work for me, even thou I think it should. I have my own jabber server for you to try out at luoti.fi. Username is testuser and password being testpassword123 .

When testing connection with VASSAL-svn8619 and 2.3.3 I get from VASSAL:

Testing Connection to luoti.fi:5222 testuser/testpassword123 Attempting to connect to server Success! Attempting to login Login failed Attempting to create new account Failed! Server Error: No response from server.: ()

But the ejabber-server on debian shows this:

[code]=INFO REPORT==== 2013-04-03 19:00:24 ===
I(<0.359.0>:ejabberd_listener:232) : (#Port<0.1935>) Accepted connection {{,,,},49754} → {{,,,},5222}

=INFO REPORT==== 2013-04-03 19:00:24 ===
I(<0.462.0>:ejabberd_c2s:580) : ({socket_state,tls,{tlssock,#Port<0.1935>,#Port<0.1937>},<0.461.0>}) Accepted authentication for testuser by ejabberd_auth_internal
[/code]
(I changed my IP to asterixes)

So the server says that hte authentication is good, but somehow VASSEL does not belive my server!

I can connect to my jabber server using Empathy (live.gnome.org/Empathy), and that tells me that my server is working somewhat okay. You can try it too.

I will be happy to help, just tell me how!

Thanks!

Ps. I would have attached VASSAL log file, but i did not found any.

Hi,
I have opened up a new Bug 10057 - Can’t connect to private jabber server for this issue.
This doesn’t really surprise me. For something that is supposed to be a ‘standard’, I found each different Jabber implementation behaved differently when trying to connect to it. I can see you are using ejabberd and will have a look at what is going wrong.
Brent.