Unit 'flip' Problem with 3.2.2

I’ve noticed in several modules, including the ‘Vassal Tour’ module, that Units that have the dual-sided ‘flip’ feature to toggle the two sides now does not work correctly.

The problem can be shown by first flipping the unit to its other side in the Game Piece Pallet - then placing it on the board - then clicking on the ‘flip’ command. It now required this command to be pressed again (twice) before the unit will flip to show the other side.

Once this it done the unit flips OK from then onwards on the board.
The problem does not manifest when flipping in the piece pallet - it works fine there; only when pre-flipped in the Game Piece Pallet then placed.

Several people playing different game modules have discussed getting annoyed with this.
It was not a problem on 3.1.20

G.

Have reproduced this and create bug #9700 and will look into it…
Fix commited to Brent-3.2-New@8539

To add to Darkebear´s description of the bug - you can no longer have an entire stack selected and then use the flip button, because that will result in all counters being aligned either face-up or face-down, which is not desired - if I have a stack with a mix of flipped and non-flipped units, I may want to easily revert facing of all to examine my flipped units, but I don´t want them all aligned as after examining them I want to put them back as they were.

Thus spake Brent Easton:

Have reproduced this and create bug #9700 and will look into it…
Fix commited to Brent-3.2-New@8539

Merged. Try the 3.2.3-svn8547 build:

vassalengine.org/~uckelman/builds/

J.

Did a quick try now and can´t see a change. Also seems to be some difference between counters - if already flipped, some will unflip with one click (as should be) but some need two clicks.

(Tried on World in Flames module 6.39)

Thus spake Artfiel:

Did a quick try now and can´t see a change. Also seems to be some
difference between counters - if already flipped, some will unflip with
one click (as should be) but some need two clicks.

(Tried on World in Flames module 6.39)

Are you still having a problem with 3.2.4?

(Also, you’ll likely want to try an upcoming 3.2.5 build once Brent
has revisited Bug 9700, just to be sure we’re not breaking things
for you again.)

J.

See [url]https://forum.vassalengine.org/t/bad-behavior-in-activating-layers-in-3-2-3/5870/1]