Useful Links

I wondering why there isn’t a sticky thread in the forum directing members to other useful sites?
I’ve found a website, free, its superb for images. While its mostly for RPG’ers there is lots of things that can be used by budding Vassal modders.
P.S. i’m not affiliated with this site in any way other than finding it absolutely excellent for my own Vassal Modding.
:slight_smile:

Great sites offering free Images for RPG’ers and Paper Wargamers. Lots of images that are suitable for Vassal Mods.
I urge you to check them out!
:smiley:

rpgmapshare.com/
I’ve found a website, free, its superb for images. While its mostly for RPG’ers there is lots of things that can be used by budding Vassal modders.

juniorgeneral.org/paper.html
You can find there lots of side view pictures of soldiers, tanks, buildings, etc. There are also some top-down pictures, which might be more interesting for miniature games. Here’s an example. juniorgeneral.org/donated/di … opdown.png

dunjinni.com/default.asp

This would certainly be an interest to me. I know a site or two as well.

What site are you refering to?

rpgmapshare.com/
Lots and lots of images.
Free.

Nice link. Thanx!

Here’s another good link for various pieces of art.

dunjinni.com/default.asp

BTW, on following your link and jumping around to some of their links, I ran across a note that said Gary Gygax had died on March 4th. I was sad to hear that.

For those of you who may not know who Gary Gygax is, he was the co-founder of Dungeons & Dragons and, as such, started the whole world of RPG gaming. He also wrote most of the early books (Dungeon Masters Guide, Players Manual, Monster Manual, etc.) and many of the original D&D game modules.

Here’s to you, Gary [cheers …clink!]

OK Jay, you’re now free to Edit your original post with submitted links!

I’ve just stumbled upon a nice website. juniorgeneral.org/paper.html

You can find there lots of side view pictures of soldiers, tanks, buildings, etc. There are also some top-down pictures, which might be more interesting for miniature games. Here’s an example.

Thanks Skorpio.
Great site!
:smiley:

Found another interesting site: the-blueprints.com/index.php?blueprints/

They have thousands of blueprints there. The site is more directed to 3D artists, but it’s also interesting for VASSAL module designers. But I think some of the blueprints are copyrighted, so you can only use them as an inspiration, or have to ask the copyright holders, if you may use the pictures.

Edit: BTW I’ve drawn some terrain stuff for the VOTR module (Lord of the rings miniatures). I could make that stuff available for other module designers. Maybe I’ll upload it to mediafire.

I uploaded the terrain which I made for the VOTR module (Vassal Lord of the Rings minis) on mediafire. Click here.

Feel free to modify the terrain as you like. And it would be nice, if you mentioned my name and this thread in the credits, if you want to use the terrain.

Great idea, the last is even new to me.

You can also find a lot of nice (top-down) stuff on
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/

There are many custom maps/vehicles for the Close Combat Series.

Forgot to post this link: Starship shematics.

Awesomeness. Anything special I’d need to do within VASSAL to use those maps?

dumb question, but how do I add a personal icon for posting here?

Could not find it in my preferences.

Thus spake zov66:

dumb question, but how do I add a personal icon for posting here?

Could not find it in my preferences.

Look under Profile > Edit avatar.

J.

There are a lot of counter scans available on thewargamer website:

http://thewargamer.com/Scans/CounterScans.html

Thanks for all the great links, I found a lot of useful images

Thanks guys, these are great resources.

I’ll see about adding this to the Tips & Tricks section of the Wiki.

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 3:23 AM, Kkelly lucky.science@yahoo.com wrote:

Thanks guys, these are great resources.

Read this topic online here:
Useful Links - #17 by Kkelly

messages mailing list
messages@vassalengine.org
vassalengine.org/mailman/listinfo/messages

Thanks for sharing the links buddy .
I found these links very useful.

I am so sorry, when I tried to open the website: juniorgeneral.org/paper.html, It shown “We’ve Moved our Paper Soldier Files into a new Database Format. Please click HERE to go to the database.” Please tell me what’s happen.