Using Retire button can still see other cards as new side!

Hi,

This question is in relation to my Kingmaker module.

A player sent me a bug report. He was playing the game solo, and used the Retire button to change Sides, but when he becomes the 2nd Side he can still see all the Crown Cards that he drew as the 1st Side.

Now, I tested the Crown Cards while playing the game online from 2 different accounts on my PC i.e. 2 different desktops, a different copy of Vassal running on each desktop. The Crown Cards all appear properly masked to the other side i.e. only those that are flipped are visible to the other side. This method worked.

What are we doing wrong with the Retire button? Is this a problem with my module or the application of the Retire button?

Cheers,
Scott

Hi Scott,

By default, ownership of items is based on your userid/password (Actually, it is just your password), so unless you also change your password when retiring and taking the other side, the ownership of the items stays with you.

Regards,
Brent.

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 8/06/2011 at 4:35 PM anonemous123 wrote:

Hi,

This question is in relation to my Kingmaker module.

A player sent me a bug report. He was playing the game solo, and used
the Retire button to change Sides, but when he becomes the 2nd Side he
can still see all the Crown Cards that he drew as the 1st Side.

Now, I tested the Crown Cards while playing the game online from 2
different accounts on my PC i.e. 2 different desktops, a different copy
of Vassal running on each desktop. The Crown Cards all appear properly
masked to the other side i.e. only those that are flipped are visible to
the other side. This method worked.

What are we doing wrong with the Retire button? Is this a problem with
my module or the application of the Retire button?

Cheers,
Scott

The first thing I would check is the “Also belongs to initially-placing player” check box on the counter’s “Restricted Access” properties. If that is checked, try it unchecked. If that is already unchecked, then I got nothin.

Hi Mister Anonemous123,

Well, you must correct your Mask trait configuration :
Change Can be masked by : Any Player by Any Side.

Indeed, if you use the Retire button with Any Player, you will always see the precious sides of cards. But now when Any Side is chosen, the new side will not get access to the previous ownship.

Best regards from Paris,

Grégory