VASL Problem on MAC

I recently upgraded to the latest VASSAL version- I cleared my temp files in the Java area, etc. Now when I try to launch VASL 5.0.app icon I get :

Java Web Start - Invalid Argument Error

GENERAL
An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Category: Invalid Argument Error

Could not load file/URL specified: [file://localhost/Users/YoungFamily/Libr … vasl5.jnlp](file://localhost/Users/YoungFamily/Library/Caches/Java/cache/javaws/http/Dwww.vasl.org/P80/DMws/AMvasl5.jnlp)

EXCEPTION

(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:115)
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:50)
at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.java:52)

WRAPPED

(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:115)
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:50)
at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.java:52)

I would expect clearing the temp file in Web Start to fix this, but if that doesn’t help, you should try the manual installation.

rk

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Hi, I’ve done both and it didn’t work, sadly.

:smiley:

An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Category: Invalid Argument Error

Could not load file/URL specified: [file://localhost/Users/YoungFamily/Libr … assal.jnlp](file://localhost/Users/YoungFamily/Library/Caches/Java/cache/javaws/http/Dwww.vassalengine.org/P80/DMws/AMvassal.jnlp)

Is my Java stuff messed up?

This is an error from Java Web Start. It looks like one of the files that Web Start automatically downloads and stores has gone missing or corrupt. You can’t get this error using the manual installer, because it doesn’t use Web Start. If you want to try to make it work with Web Start, I suggest opening javaws and removing the VASSAL application. That should force it to re-download the bad file.

rk

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Cool, how about VASL not working?