The VASSAL Team is happy to announce the release of VASSAL 3.1.10, which
fixes several problems found in earlier versions.
VASSAL has a new User’s Guide, available from the Help menu.
The fix for Bug 2835827 should improve performance dramatically on Macs.
For Mac OS X:
For other operating systems:
Changes since 3.1.0
New in 3.1.10:
- VASSAL has a new User’s Guide! You can view the User’s Guide by selecting
“User’s Guide” from the Help menu in any of VASSAL’s components.
The following bugs are fixed in 3.1.10:
- Bug 2839923: Users not showing an IP address
- Bug 2839916: Player with no Name does not appear properly on Server
- Bug 2838915: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in ReportState.myKeyEvent()
- Bug 2835827: Use images with premultiplied alpha on Macs
- Bug 2835735: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in PieceDefiner
- Bug 2833840: IllegalArgumentException in FileChooser with Java 1.5
- Bug 2832499: IllegalArgumentException in PropertySheet
- Bug 2832472: Inventory: Pieces appear multiple times
- Bug 2832471: Inventory: Label for folders cannot contain properties
- Bug 2827225: NPE in NodeClient.doInvite()
- Bug 2826715: NPE in GlobalProperty.encode()
- Bug 2825175: Game Piece Inventory: “Draw Piece Images?” option is broken
- Bug 2817139: NPE in RangeFilter ctor
- Bug 2827113: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in Embellishment
- Bug 2817070: PropertySheet saves empty hotkey as null
- Bug 2756330: StackOverflowError in BasicPiece.mySetType()
- Bug 2735630: IllegalArgumentException due to non-UTF8 ZipEntry names
- Bug 2259361: NPE in FreeRotator - Counter moved or deleted during rotate
The following bugs are fixed in 3.1.9:
- Bug 2817613: Bad initial zoom level when loading old Zoomer attributes
- Rolled back fix for Bug 2813765
The following bugs are fixed in 3.1.8:
- Bug 2817069: IllegalComponentStateException in MenuDisplayer
- Bug 2817064: Global Key Commands can send Null KeyStrokes
- Bug 2817038: NPE in MetaDataFactory.buildMetaData()
- Bug 2816275: NPE in Embellishment adding layer with no image
- Bug 2813782: NPE in VASSAL.counters.AreaOfEffect.getArea
- Bug 2813765: Can’t always Peek at a card, even though you can unmask it
For changes prior to 3.1.8, see the change log.
The recommended minimum Java version for VASSAL 3.1 has changed. A bug in
versions of Java prior to 1.5.0_08 (a.k.a. Java 5 update 8) prevents some
images from loading properly. We now recommend that anyone using a version
of Java older than 1.5.0_08 upgrade to at least 1.5.0_08.
For Linux and Mac users, this should require no action on your part. Windows
users installing VASSAL 3.1.10 with the Windows installer will be prompted to
update Java if what they have is older than 1.5.0_08.
For feature changes from 3.0 to 3.1, see the release notes for 3.1.0.
Please report all bugs, even if they are bugs which you’ve already reported
against other versions. We take your bug reports very seriously—they’re
the reason we’re able to find and fix bugs.
Help us test
Should you find any problems/oddities/bugs, please tell us so that we can
fix them for the next release of VASSAL.
Report bugs here in the Technical Support & Bugs category at the VASSAL
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joel Uckelman, for The VASSAL Team