The VASSAL Team is happy to announce the release of VASSAL 3.1.9, which
fixes several problems found in earlier versions.
For Mac OS X:
For other operating systems:
Changes since 3.1.0
The following bugs are fixed in 3.1.9:
- Bug 2817613: Bad initial zoom level when loading old Zoomer attributes
- Rolled back fix for Bug 2813765
The following bugs are fixed in 3.1.8:
- Bug 2817069: IllegalComponentStateException in MenuDisplayer
- Bug 2817064: Global Key Commands can send Null KeyStrokes
- Bug 2817038: NPE in MetaDataFactory.buildMetaData()
- Bug 2816275: NPE in Embellishment adding layer with no image
- Bug 2813782: NPE in VASSAL.counters.AreaOfEffect.getArea
- Bug 2813765: Can’t always Peek at a card, even though you can unmask it
The following bugs are fixed in 3.1.7:
- Bug 2811307: Extraneous error messages in Embellishment following property
- Bug 2811211: Area of Effect does not display in all Zoned Grids
- Bug 2806392: Observer side linked to password
- Bug 2806183: Trigger action fails to execute another TA more than once
- Bug 2805282: SendToLocation does not undo correctly
- Bug 2804153: NPE in ModuleManager when refreshing Save Folder
The following bugs are fixed in 3.1.6:
- Bug 2798275: Layer following prop does not allow non-string custom props
- Bug 2794703: StackOverflow using Embellishment level following property
- Bug 2793103: Memory check fails on Linux due to architecture mismatch
- Bug: Transparent images used for orthogonal rotations of opaque sources
- Bug: Incorrect PropertySource used to evaluate properties
- Bug: Use bounds for primary screen on multi-monitor X11 systems.
For changes prior to 3.1.6, see the change log.
The recommended minimum Java version for VASSAL 3.1 has changed. A bug in
versions of Java prior to 1.5.0_08 (a.k.a. Java 5 update 8) prevents some
images from loading properly. We now recommend that anyone using a version
of Java older than 1.5.0_08 upgrade to at least 1.5.0_08.
For Linux and Mac users, this should require no action on your part. Windows
users installing VASSAL 3.1.9 with the Windows installer will be prompted to
update Java if what they have is older than 1.5.0_08.
For feature changes from 3.0 to 3.1, see the release notes for 3.1.0.
Please report all bugs, even if they are bugs which you’ve already reported
against other versions. We take your bug reports very seriously—they’re
the reason we’re able to find and fix bugs.
Help us test
Should you find any problems/oddities/bugs, please tell us so that we can
fix them for the next release of VASSAL.
Report bugs here in the Technical Support & Bugs category at the VASSAL
or by email to email@example.com.
Joel Uckelman, for The VASSAL Team