VASSAL 3.2.2 map error display

In a few of my modules (Axis Empires - Totaler Krieg/Dai Senso, JP3R) the hex #'s show up super-imposed on the map in black type. Other modules are fine. This started with 3.2.2. ANy idea why?

Thus spake dimes4u:

In a few of my modules (Axis Empires - Totaler Krieg/Dai Senso, JP3R)
the hex #'s show up super-imposed on the map in black type. Other
modules are fine. This started with 3.2.2. ANy idea why?

Are you certain this didn’t also happen in 3.2.0 and 3.2.1?

J.

Well, I shot right past those versions, so it is possible. Any idea why?

This actually a problem in the module that has been exposed by the fixing of a different bug starting with version 3.2.0.

There was a bug in 3.1 and earlier Vassal that prevented the display of the Grid co-ordinates unless the Grid lines where also displayed. It was not possible to have the grid lines turned off, but the grid numbers turned on. Specifically, the setting of the ‘Draw Numbering?’ option was ignored if the ‘Show Grid?’ option in the Hex Grid component was unchecked.

This was fixed in the first 3.2 releases so now the grid and the numbering are displayed independently. Unfortunately, any modules that incorrectly have the ‘Draw Numbering?’ option turned on, will now display the numbering where it did not under version 3.1.

The fix is very simple. The Modules in question need to be edited and the ‘Draw Numbering?’ option in all Grid Numberings needs to be unchecked.

Brent.

Okay, thanks - really appreciate your time. How do I do this?

Figured it out. Thanks.