Vassal 3.2.6 logs are buggy

Using a module that was built using 3.2.5, loaded into the Vassal 3.2.6 editor and re-saved.

While creating an initial log there are no problems visible, but to bug check I also made a save file after saving the log.

When playing back the log there are significant differences between the actions shown in the log and the actions taken when making the log. Most significantly, the game state after the final log step is different from the game state in the game save made at that time.

Things that seem to break:

shuffle actions wipe out decks, leaving one card out of 16 face up and the rest disappear.
Deck counter text that relies on dynamic traits does not change.
Deck contents get mixed up.
…and probably a whole lot more.

Undo is similarly iffy, but that’s been the case for a while and isn’t a new bug in 3.2.6.

The exact same module (re-saved with the 3.2.5 editor) works fine with Vassal 3.2.5

Thus spake Benkyo:

Using a module that was built using 3.2.5, loaded into the Vassal 3.2.6
editor and re-saved.

While creating an initial log there are no problems visible, but to bug
check I also made a save file after saving the log.

When playing back the log there are significant differences between the
actions shown in the log and the actions taken when making the log. Most
significantly, the game state after the final log step is different from
the game state in the game save made at that time.

Things that seem to break:

shuffle actions wipe out decks, leaving one card out of 16 face up and
the rest disappear.
Deck counter text that relies on dynamic traits does not change.
Deck contents get mixed up.
…and probably a whole lot more.

Undo is similarly iffy, but that’s been the case for a while and isn’t a
new bug in 3.2.6.

The exact same module (re-saved with the 3.2.5 editor) works fine with
Vassal 3.2.5

We need the module and precise instructions for reproducint this if you’d
like us to look into it.

J.

Thank you for your response.

I didn’t originally connect my post with any specific module as my module is very complex and the bug (log end state != game save state) seems so far reaching and independent of specific modules.

The last bug report I posted regarding multiple consecutive log playback bugs hasn’t received any meaningful response despite providing a test module with detailed reproduction steps and links (https://forum.vassalengine.org/t/send-to-functions-bug-after-viewing-2-consecutive-logs/5887/1), so that kind of put me off detailed bug reports too.

In the unlikely event that anyone wants to tackle the sprawling module I made, it is available here:
dropbox.com/s/v7sf14xoe2ma2 … _v169.vmod

To reproduce, start a log, click any of the ‘new game’ buttons on the main map, then one of the buttons that appear around the ‘tile draw’ area on the main map (specifically, ‘new game 7’ and ‘full conquest’, though that shouldn’t make a difference) End the log AND save the game. After restarting Vassal and when playing back the log, you should see that the brown and green numbers next to the tile draw area do not increment in the log, though they did during log creation and should show properly in the game save.

Further reproduction steps: After loading the game save or clicking through the log, start another log, open any of the named tabs (Arythea through Wolfhawk) and try shuffling a deck. End the log. Although shuffling seemed to work fine, upon closing vassal and re-loading the log, you should see very strange behaviour by the deck when playing back the log.

Links to initial set up save and log:
dropbox.com/s/rnnppe7oclufi … R0T00.vlog
dropbox.com/s/huyb1g42lovsc … R0T00.vsav

Link to first turn log (provided by 3rd party):
dropbox.com/s/731b6fe3rk2mi … R0T01.vlog

Try 3.2.8-snv8788: vassalengine.sourceforge.net/builds/

This reverts commit 8691, which should solve your problem. Unfortunately, it also reintroduces Bug 2714.