The VASSAL Team is happy to announce VASSAL 3.5.4.
- Things may be broken which worked previously. If you find a new bug, please report it.
- Modules saved in 3.5 are not openable by earlier versions of VASSAL. We recommend keeping a backup copy of any pre-3.5 modules you plan to modify in 3.5 until you've verified that everything works to your satisfaction.
Changes since 3.5.3
- 14228: Chess Clocks can now be manually reset (if manual reset is enabled for them by module designer)
- 14217: MouseoverStackViewer - $countPieces$ will give the total number of pieces found in the stack (w/o having to create a property)
- 14191: CurrentLanguage and CurrentLanguageName exposed as module properties
- 14270: "maximum heap too large" message shown when maximum heap is too small
- 14269: Poor Editor performance when using Fast Match
- 14267: Game Refresher: Refresh Predefined Setups should clear any open game in the Player
- 14256: LOS gets stuck on screen when replayed through logfile
- 14255: Default autoreport text made -< instead of ->
- 14246: Fast Match Global Key Commands were "dealing off the bottom of the deck" in certain cases
- 14245: HTML in Tabbed Panes (charts, widgets): Work around apparent Swing bug in JTabbedPane
- 14243: Game Piece Layer manipulation commands do not match described effect
- 14227: Mark When Moved had Vertical offset mislabeled as Horizontal offset
- 14226: Undo and Server buttons steal focus after being clicked
- 14222: Editor Search output loses less-than symbols
- 14219: Do not expand every prototype in a piece before searching it, just match the name of the prototype.
- 14203: Global Key Commands should exit after displaying report if there is no key command to issue
- 14200: Scenario names (Predefined Setup) should be displayed in translated language
- 14199: Inventory text not translated
- 14198: Translated private windows do not work when changing sides if module is translated
- 14196: Right-click menu localization is not shown for some elements
- 14192: Decks from previous saves and logs are retained in memory
- 14187: Drag Thresholds shouldn't be violated by "deep legacy" mouse listeners (e.g. accepting double click AND drag from same mouse sequence)
- 14178: Some weird systems lack awt.font.desktophints but aren't headless
- 14168: Fix broken HTML in the 'not-allowed-in-multiplayer-games' message
- 14164: Fast Match change persists despite Cancel
- 14163: NPE due to File.listFiles() returning null for symlnks on Macs
- 14159: Fast Search GKC ignores "Within a deck, apply to no pieces"
- 14156: Loading a log file to continue a game shouldn't reset the map window
- 14155: Search was showing duplicate entries for certain items
- 14154: Search wasn't finding "Fast Match" fields
- 14152: .vsav, .vlog should be appended to saves, logs when not present, instead of checking for '.'
- 14149: Windows installer fails to run uninstallers for old versions
- 14143: First character is 'eaten' when typing chat while over map
- 14138: Turn Tracker mispopulates button tooltip field while running in editor
- 14136: Module-level GKCs were not honoring fast match
- 14131: String method calls in Beanshell don't return proper result unless GetProperty is used
- 14124: Remove "(Optional)" from Send to Location Board Name hint text
- 14112: In Dynamic Property List of values, cursor jumps after first character entered
- 14088: Ensure image is updated on selection of new image with duplicate filename in the Editor
- 14069: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in StringArrayConfigurer due to race
- 13796: Stacks after the first are unstacked when multiple stacks dragged to a snap-to map
- 13793: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in CompoundPieceCollection.indexOf()
- 13472: "Send to Deck" creates phantom cards in proportion to the number of game starts
- 13145: Send Hot Key ignored by Deck
- 12538: Decks report multiple shuffles after loading saved game
- 14258: "Logging" and "Replaying" should have priority over "Saved" in the title bar
- 14240: Welcome Wizard: Put "enter your name" screen after the main welcome (so that option to turn off wizard is always on first screen viewed)
- 14209: Write logs and saves to .part file to forestall copying of partially written files
- 14205: Allow different images to be loaded based on currrent VASSAL language
- 14201: Share immutable objects
- 14193: Expressions should be cached
- 14185: Distinguish tile loading errors from other image loading errors
- 14182: Prevent duplication of FormattedString data and Expressions
- 14167: Inefficient implementation of FilterOutputStream in ZipWriter
- 14148: Module Editor Labels get truncated with '...'
- 14139: Delete trait to set 'old...' properties prior to deleting piece
- 14133: Better support for Mac Alt and Function keys
- 14066: Remove Unused Images: Dialog sizing and file size display improvements
See the Release Notes for descriptions of the changes in 3.5.
VASSAL requires Java 11 or later.
The Windows and MacOS packages have an appropriate version of Java bundled with them, so there is no need to install Java separately on those operating systems. On Linux, use your package manager to install Java 11 or later.
Help us test
Please report bugs in the Technical Support & Bugs category at the VASSAL forums.
The VASSAL Team