Vassal debian package

Hello,

I have created a debian package for the binary zip archive and stored it here:
edge.launchpad.net/~tspindler/+archive/

The packaging is quite rough, e.g. it installs the VASSAL.sh to /usr/local/bin/vassal/VASSAL.sh instead of a more convenient place. The package relies on cdbs and the installation is driven by debian/install. It also uses the cdbs simple patch system and a patch for updating the classpaths is found in debian/patches/. If anyone wants to add further patches, cdbs-edit-patch is the most convenient way.

Let me know if you deem this package useful and I put some more effort in making it less rough.

Torsten

thanks.
I will try this as soon as I get the darn wireless working on the old machine I was going to do this Linux experiment on.

Torsten,
actually, for whatever reason my windows machine can not access the package to download? the vassal entry will not expand, gives an error, and ie7 does not show any link for a download.

maybe I will have better luck directly from debian.

What would the chances be to get an official VASSAL debian package into the debian/ubuntu repositories?

Are you up to the task? :slight_smile:

At first, I thought this idea was kind of redundant, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked it.

• Michael.

2009/3/3 pelle <messages@forums.vassalengine.org (messages@forums.vassalengine.org)>

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Thus spake “pelle”:

I briefly looked into building a .deb for VASSAL some months ago, but
got distracted by something else and haven’t yet returned to getting the
build infrastructure set up.

Similarly, I’ve been planning to get a VASSAL RPM into the Fedora
repositories for quite some time now, but it hasn’t made it to the top of
the queue yet. (I’ve already created a spec file for it.)

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)