Vassal refresh problem.

Hello everyone, I’m a bit stuck and could use some help.

I’ve been using vassal for a while now to play Warhammer 40,000 with people who live too far away to table top.

For about 2 months everything was going fine, then unfortunately my computer got hold of a nasty virus and had to be formatted.
Needless to say, I got hold of Vassal and the 40k module and the latest version of java, and tried to get back into it.

The problem I have is that nothing refreshes! When I drag the yellow box to select units, it leaves imprints everywhere, when I move a model it clones it leaving the original one behind, and I cant change anything in the menus (If I open a vassal menu it just freezes, cant change anything).

I heard this was a problem with the latest Java and Windows XP, so I did a roll back to the Java update from 3 months ago (would make sense since Vassal worked back then.) But it didn’t change a thing… can anyone help? :cry:

Im running windows XP
Old version of Java (6, update 29)
And can post my DxDiag if required.

I haven’t heard that this is a problem with Java 1.7 but you can verify which version of Java is running Vassal by selecting ‘Help’ → ‘Show Error Log’ from the module library.

Thus spake Tompig:

The problem I have is that nothing refreshes! When I drag the yellow box
to select units, it leaves imprints everywhere, when I move a model it
clones it leaving the original one behind, and I cant change anything in
the menus (If I open a vassal menu it just freezes, cant change
anything).

I heard this was a problem with the latest Java and Windows XP, so I did
a roll back to the Java update from 3 months ago (would make sense since
Vassal worked back then.) But it didn’t change a thing… can anyone
help? :cry:

Im running windows XP
Old version of Java (6, update 29)
And can post my DxDiag if required.

Check the errorLog to verify that you really are running the version of
Java that you think you are, and let us know.

J.