Vassal Wiki

I would like to start a discussion on the Vassal Wiki

As the “warning” on the wiki says, “The wiki is a mess, due to long neglect on our old site. This wiki could be a useful resource for the community, but we need your help in order to make it so. Please consider editing a page to improve the wiki”.

I see good questions and answers in these forums, but I would like to encourage people to include those Q&A in the wiki. Related questions can be grouped in the wiki, so all information about Traits (for example) is easy to find.

“Random Page” (modified)
I always like a random page option, but in this case I would to have the random page exclude any Modules. Why? The wiki has only a few pages with info about the Vassal Engine, but thousands of pages with Modules. The random page option is most likely to display a Module page.

“Random Module” (new)
As the random page will no longer display any modules, this link will display a random Module page (and will exclude any “regular” wiki page)

“Vassal 4”
When Vassal 4 arrives, will we start with a fresh new wiki, dedicated to Vassal 4? I think that would make sense as Vassal 4 has been rewritten completely and is incompatible with older Vassal versions.

Thus spake Hamster:

“Random Page” (modified)

“Random Module” (new)

Are “Random Page” and “Random Module” really useful enough to justify
the implementation effort?

“Vassal 4”
When Vassal 4 arrives, will we start with a fresh new wiki, dedicated to
Vassal 4?

I’d like to, yes.

J.

In my opinion…yes! :smiley: