Want to create a changeable number on the board

Hello all. New Vassal user here. :slight_smile:

I just want to do something simple. I want to have the players’ scores around the edges of the board. All I basically need is to have a number on the board that players can increment/decrement, either by clicking special buttons, or by just mousing over the score itself, and pressing a hotkey. It could use images, or just plain text.

How can I do this?

Or is there a module which has such a simple system, that I can steal it from?

This can be done with an At-Start Stack piece using Dynamic Properties or Global Properties to keep track of the values and either having a right-click option or buttons of some kind to change the values.

Attached is a sample I made a long time ago that adjusts various properties on a military piece. Something like this could be used for your purposes.

[attachment=0]MultipleLayerSample.zip[/attachment]

Just change the .zip to .vmod and open it in Vassal. Start new game.

Thanks Nostromo! Very helpful.

I’ve managed to make my own button now, with an up and a down arrow, to increment and decrement the score.

However, I’m having a really hard time of actually moving the invisible action buttons into the right place. I just can’t understand how they behave. They sometimes disappear, like when I try to move them one pixel.

Can anyone help me with the correct coordinates? My image is 80px wide, and 68 pixels high. I want to put a 30px square action button at the top left, and another one the same size at the bottom left.

Thanks again, to anyone who can help out. :slight_smile:

Worked it out!

Thanks again. :slight_smile: