X-Wing 8.3.0 Module - Unable to Make Lists

I’ve been trying to play X-Wing on Vassal for a week, but I keep encountering the same issue, after numerous reinstalls it persists. I can’t load any of the pilots, ship cards, or upgrades. Because of that, it won’t let me import any lists, regardless of the method I try. When I click on the “2.0 Squad Spawn” button I get this in the text, even though the window opens:

Then when I try to spawn a squad from any method, I get this:

Has anyone seen this before or know what to do? I’ve searched online and come up empty. It just seems like when I load the module up it isn’t loading all the data. I’m missing all the pilots and upgrades from my “Pieces” box, even though I have all the chits and tokens. Help!

I’m definitely using the most up to date version of the module, I downloaded the Star_Wars_X-Wing_Miniatures_Game-8.3.0.vmod file and loaded it in.

I just started trying to use the module, so I’m not sure if I’m doing everything correctly but I seem to be having the same issue. I can’t load squads from either YASB, FFG, or XWS. When I try to use the internal squad builder there is nothing to select.

I wouldn’t be surprised if your problem was that the module is being stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\VASSAL.

You absolutely do not want to do this. The VASSAL software itself goes here, that part is fine. However, modules are user data and belong in your home directory somewhere, or on your Desktop, or really pretty much anywhere that ISN’T the directory where Windows installs software. It’s not uncommon for Windows UAC to prevent modifications to files in the C:\Program Files hierarchy.

Thanks Joel. This was the issue.

I’m having the same issue with the latest module. Everything is on the desktop so I’m not sure what I should try next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Joel. This was the issue.

If putting the module in a different folder, away from \program files\ did not do it, it has been known that some anti-virus programs, such as Kaspersky, can cause the same problem and severely limit the x-wing module’s ability to fetch and overwrite its data files. Turn off your anti-virus while you have a session of x-wing up.