X-wing Epic Play processes slowly

Hey crowd. The X-wing community is getting excited about Epic Play, so a forum member and I have decided to give it a try on Vassal. We got to round 6, I think, but as we played the game got progressively less responsive. There were times when we entered a movement on the Huge ships, and we had to wait 30 seconds, up to even a minute before they moved! At that rate, it was basically unplayable. Has anybody else experienced this? Here are my specs

Vassal 3.2.15
Star Wars X-wing Miniatures Game 5.6.0 [I know a knew one is out now, but this is the one I was using]
Java™ 6 Update 45 964 bit) [I’m not sure this is the right info]
Windows 10 64-bit (AMD FX-8800P Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C +8G 2.10 GHz; 16.0 GB RAM)

I made a log file of the game where we left off. We were hoping to play more later, but when I opened it up the next day, everything was still slow, and we weren’t even connected to the Internet. As a result, I decided we shouldn’t play again until I figured out what was going on. It lags so much!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thus spake Parakitor:

Hey crowd. The X-wing community is getting excited about Epic Play, so a
forum member and I have decided to give it a try on Vassal. We got to
round 6, I think, but as we played the game got progressively less
responsive. There were times when we entered a movement on the Huge
ships, and we had to wait 30 seconds, up to even a minute before they
moved! At that rate, it was basically unplayable. Has anybody else
experienced this? Here are my specs

Vassal 3.2.15
Star Wars X-wing Miniatures Game 5.6.0 [I know a knew one is out now, but this is the one I was using]
Java™ 6 Update 45 964 bit) [I’m not sure this is the right info]
Windows 10 64-bit (AMD FX-8800P Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C +8G 2.10
GHz; 16.0 GB RAM)

I made a log file of the game where we left off. We were hoping to play
more later, but when I opened it up the next day, everything was still
slow, and we weren’t even connected to the Internet. As a result, I
decided we shouldn’t play again until I figured out what was going on.
It lags so much!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This may be due to having some very deeply nested traits in module
you’re using.

J.

This was solved by tackling on the deep nesting of traits and providing a new alternative piece (in parallel with the old one) that does away with a lot of them (pertaining to ship stats that can be modified, use a text label to display, etc). They are comically fast when all that bloat is removed.