3.3.2, 3.3.3 release plan

Bug entry:

1719: RFE 1659481: Shift clicking on map should not deselect counters

Code comment:

// RFE 1659481 - Control clicking only deselects

Hahahaha, yay-the-English-Language. Tim you’re my hero for still having that email because I think we can now retire this issue “with confidence”.

As we can reasonably infer from forensic analysis of the above, somewhere between “bug database” and “commit”, the issue got changed from “shift clicking on map should not deselect counters” to “control clicking only deselects” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

“control clicking, only, deselects” != “control clicking only deselects”

Eats, Shoots, And Leaves!!!

Brian

A part of the automation does use a deck, yes. The routine kicks off with a GKC moving all required pieces from a hand window into a deck within the same window. It then moves a piece out of the deck using a GKC with fixed number of pieces = 1. That GKC used to simply drive a “Send To Location” (X/Y) on CTRL/I (more on that later). In the failing version, CTRL/I initiates a trigger with several actions, including the Send To Location" (Zone). The automation closes with another GKC sending all remaining pieces from the temporary deck back to where they came from. I think the first and last steps are still working (need to check this in more detail, now I think about it).

It was made by me but was working (and in later versions of the module, still is).

So, I reverted to X/Y in the version of the module that demonstrates the bug. It didn’t seem to make any difference. So, I then tried something else as well, I changed the trigger key from CTRL/I to a multi-letter style of trigger. This seems to fix the problem The only trouble is that CTRL/I is still in place in later versions of the module that seem to be working just fine.

Also, the problem does not show in the just released v3.3.2.

I will repeat testing later today, in case I missed something.

Thus spake Cattlesquat:

1719: RFE 1659481: Shift clicking on map should not deselect counters

Haha, yay-the-English-Language. Tim you’re my hero for still having that
email because I think we can now retire this issue.

As we can see from forensic analysis of the above, somewhere between
“bug database” and “commit”, the issue got changed from “shift clicking
on map should not deselect counters” to “control only deselects” :smiley: :smiley:
:smiley:

Not sure whether to laugh or cry. I’m amazed that we didn’t get complaints
about this over the years, at least not that I remember, as it’s standard
behavior in everything. I think I noticed it once or twice myself but
was troubleshooting something else so forgot about it.

I’m glad we’re fixing it. :slight_smile:

J.