Fourth try! – file stated as too big. Will post on sendspace. URL is sendspace.com/file/jh2r7f
I hate it when I type a whole thing out and then lose it when I had to sign in again. This is the second try.
There are three names used in ADC2: Symbol Name, Class Name, and Piece Name. There is no prohibition against using the same name in all cases, but it could create confusion if there were a lot of units with the same name or a high counter density. In this specific case, “Sup (0-0-10)” was the Symbol Name used for both the British and German supply units. This did not cause any confusion because both were of different colors and there were only two images for supply units. “Supply” was used for the Class Name for both. Again little confusion in this case because the “Player” was different for each. Piece Names were also the same: “1,” “2,” etc.
When I imported the ADC2 module into VASSAL, the VASSAL module Inventory List contained the two separate supply units (German and British), but used the same image for both. Unzipping and checking the “.mod,” I saw only one image “Sup (0-0-10)” was there. The VASSAL program apparently considered that two images with the same Symbol Name were duplicates and only imported one or overlaid the first image with the second. As the VASSAL Inventory List does contain two supply units – one for the British and one for the German – apparently, the Class Names were imported correctly and there was only a problem with image imports from the ADC2 Symbol List.
(In the module, there is also a “Sup (0-0-10)a” which is an alternate colored supply unit used for a flip side. The same situation occurred with this counter. The German alternate side supply was used for British as well as the German.)
I did not detect the problem initially when I viewed the converted VASSAL module because the British supply unit was covered by another British unit.
I tried various things to correct the counter in the VASSAL module, but knowing nothing about VASSAL my attempts came to nothing. Ultimately, I just changed the ADC2 module giving separate names for both Symbol and Class and imported again. That seemed to do the trick, but as I had already corrected the converted VASSAL map, I sought a method to update the new map without going through the lengthy process of numbering each hex grid again. I only mentioned the counter problem in passing.
I have the original Imported VASSAL module. I did however, add a new unit “Sup2 (0-0-10)” to trick the VASSAL system into showing a second image for supply units. VASSAL was not fooled. I am going to try to attach this file if I can figure out how to do it. If not, I will post it on “sendspace.” I tried posting an image on “sendspace” and while it worked in the preview, it did not show in the forum. I posted its URL in a previous message. Sending the ADC2 file would not help because I changed both the Symbol and Class Names before making a corrected import.