Adding counters to an existing module

I’m attempting to add a number of counters to an existing module. The images are all in gif format.

While I have added the new counters to an “images” folder within the module’s root directory, there seems to definitely more to it. When I try to “add a single piece”, I do not see the new images to select among all of the originals.

What is the process for adding to an existing modules countermix? I’m not finding an answer in the help or documentation files.

I have been successful in replacing some maps, so I thought adding some counters would be equally quick.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Easiest way to do this is to use the regular process for creating new counters.
Open the module in the Editor. Find the Game Piece Palette in the Editor and click Add Single Piece. In the Single piece dialog, on the right side under Traits, select Basic Piece and click Properties.
On the Basic Piece dialog, on the left side, double-click above the drop-down and browse to your new image on your local system.
In the text box on the right side, type the name of your new piece, then click OK.
Back in the Single piece dialog, add whatever other traits you want to add to the piece by selecting each from the Traits list and clicking Add. Then enter the details of each Trait.
When you’re done, click OK. Your new piece will appear in the Palette.

If the new pieces you’re adding to the module are similar to existing pieces, you can right-click on them in the Editor and Copy them, then just Paste them into the game piece palette. You can then edit the copied piece using the process above, keeping existing traits and just changing the piece image. This is a quick way to make pieces that all behave in similar ways.

Thanks Mycenae,

The

"On the Basic Piece dialog, on the left side, double-click above the drop-down and browse to your new image on your local system.
In the text box on the right side, type the name of your new piece, then click OK. "

was the piece of information (finding the new images on my local system)that I had been missing/overlooking.

Thanks again,

Pete